Need o rings for Steyr LP10

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
darticus

Need o rings for Steyr LP10

Post by darticus »

They don't list them on pilkguns.Green o ring where cartridge comes off.Anyone have a page?Thanks RON
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Ron,
Call Pilkington. They have them, just don't list them on their site.
Southpaw

seals

Post by Southpaw »

Check your yellow pages for an "industrial seals" listing. I found one in my city and the order desk staff "mic'd" mine for size, and supplied me with "high pressure" appropriate seals for a dime a piece. I bought 50.

Might be worth a try....

Regards
cdf

Post by cdf »

A good industrial hose supply should be able to help you .

Buy a goodly supply , they will prolly bill you as much for 1 as for 10 .

Goog luck,

Chris
GI Kevin

Post by GI Kevin »

I'm screwing my cylinders on and off 4 times a week. How frequently do you replace this seal?
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

Kevin, typically these seals will last 2-3 years of normal usage. Sometimes they break earlier if there is a fault in the rubber, which is why you have a couple of extra with the gun. To my Canadian friends, I am sure you are not gettting an equivalent seal for 10 cents, as the equivalent seal from my o-ring supplier last bunch I bought was just under a dollar each, which is still cheaper than the euro price with exchange rate and shipping if I purchase OEM ones. Hardware store faucet seals will work for a time, but who wants to worry with will the cheap seals quit at 25 shots, or 2500 hundred. If I fix something, I want it to last 25,000 shots or more.

PS: the 25,000 figure is a guess, I have no idea of the typical shot life of the factory spec o-rings are, but I know from personal experience of trying to fix things with cheap o-rings, they don't last very long. Thats fine if you are backyard plinker and enjoy fixing them yourself. Not so good if you are somewhat serious and trying to shoot a match and halfway through the sighters hear a funny ssssssssssssssssssssound.
Southpaw

Seals

Post by Southpaw »

Now to do some careful backpedaling...... My gun is Co2, but local LP10 owners have purchased seals for their PCP guns from the same business and they were indeed around a buck a piece. These seals are lasting as long as factory ones. Minimum order is $5, so might as well get 5 bucks worth.
Sorry if I was misleading.

Regards,
SP
cdf

Post by cdf »

The colorcoding on "O" rings escapes me , but the ones on the LP10 are an exotic genus . Pilkguns hit it on the head , using stuff from the faucet repair Isle might get you thru a match ..... .

Now for a really ticklish subject , what about o-ring lube ?

Chris
darticus

Re: Need o rings for Steyr LP10

Post by darticus »

I have 10 orings I got from pilkguns about 5 years ago. Do they normally hold up in the package for 5 years? They do seem tough to stretch. Maybe thats normal. Thanks Ron
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

darticus wrote:I have 10 orings I got from pilkguns about 5 years ago. Do they normally hold up in the package for 5 years? They do seem tough to stretch. Maybe thats normal. Thanks Ron
If I'm not mistaken, the green variety is known as HNBR/HSN and their shelf life is approximately 15 years.
darticus

Post by darticus »

kevinweiho wrote:
darticus wrote:I have 10 orings I got from pilkguns about 5 years ago. Do they normally hold up in the package for 5 years? They do seem tough to stretch. Maybe thats normal. Thanks Ron
If I'm not mistaken, the green variety is known as HNBR/HSN and their shelf life is approximately 15 years.
These are the white variety. Thanks Ron
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

You have to be especially careful with O-rings for CO2. The normal buna-N nitrile rings will absorb CO2 under pressure, and if the pressure is released suddenly, the gas will cause bubbles in the rubber, slowly shredding them from the inside out. I think Walther used urethane based O-rings in the CP series, which are much more resistant to CO2 absorption.

This was a big problem with Tau-7's if you use the CO2 cartridges. The Tau-7's use standard O-rings, and every time you take off the piecing cap, the o-ring would swell. They give you two caps so you can let one recover while you use the other one. Over time, the O-rings in the caps disintegrate from the internal tearing caused by the bubbles. If you use the larger CO2 fill bottle, the fill cap stays in place. That way the O-rings aren't exposed to long soaks under pressure followed by quick decompression, and they last a LOT longer.
argus

Post by argus »

Pilk, any chance you would share what material/hardness you specify for LP10 o-rings from your supplier for those of us not in the US please?
darticus

Re: seals

Post by darticus »

Southpaw wrote:Check your yellow pages for an "industrial seals" listing. I found one in my city and the order desk staff "mic'd" mine for size, and supplied me with "high pressure" appropriate seals for a dime a piece. I bought 50.

Might be worth a try....

Regards
Can you share where you got them and maybe a parts number. I will have to use a backup pistol now as the person at Pilkguns has to get the info for the o ring from their gunsmith and send me an invoice for the 5 o rings than mail them. I'm not hearing back. All the older rings I have are getting tares as soon as I put a cylinder on or off. Going from Steyr LP10 to Daisy 777. Can I get them at a hardware store? What size are they??? Any help would be great Ron