LP10 vs LP10E

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
django

Re: LP10 vs LP10E

Post by django »

somewhat off topic whether electronic trigger in Morini also made of plastic composites similar to steyr lp10E?
David M

Post by David M »

Simple answer.....no
Leon

Post by Leon »

For those obsessing whether or not the Lp10E electronic module casing is made out of plastic composite or not -

IT DOES NOT MATTER

In any event, the Lp10E trigger feel ( cased in a composite ) is better than the 162EI ( cased in metal )
therider

Post by therider »

Leon wrote: In any event, the Lp10E trigger feel ( cased in a composite ) is better than the 162EI ( cased in metal )
NO WAY!!!!!!!!! :-)
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

there people that like the lp10e trigger. i know a very good shooter that has a late lp10e and prefers is (gave him a couple of shots with my mg1e still he wanted the lp10e). it tried it and it was good. i would says it tried to mimic the mech version but with the bonus of repeatability the electronics give. also many shooters at international level use lp10e so it must not be that bad. i also got a couple of shots with an early version of lp10e and it was certainly below par for my taste so the lp10e has certainly evolved through the years. 162e has a very very crisp trigger feeling. my old 15v module is stable and dependable. never needed any adjustment after the initial setup. mg1e i would describe it not as crisp as 162e. its more of a 162e with the slightest roll (something i tried on my original 162e with horrible results). its a very rewarding trigger, also very stable and it feels lighter than 162e.
j-team

Post by j-team »

Leon wrote:For those obsessing whether or not the Lp10E electronic module casing is made out of plastic composite or not -

IT DOES NOT MATTER

In any event, the Lp10E trigger feel ( cased in a composite ) is better than the 162EI ( cased in metal )
Well, it does actually matter because if you have long fingers and set the trigger shoe a long way forward and you combine that with a light first stage and a heavy second stage, the trigger will flex at the stage point and it feels spongy. But, if you are like me with short fingers and a preference for the trigger further back you don't notice it. It's not the casing thet flexes, it's the part which the trigger shoe hangs on, that is also plastic, that can flex.

I'm not bagging the Lp10e, I have one and like it. I've previously owned Morini 162ei and didn't like it, loved the trigger, hated the rest!
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

if you use a clamp style trigger it wont move much. if you use the steyr trigger with the small allen screw at its side it wont stay at its place for long. also if you clamp the trigger too much the plastic carrier will deform. old fwb triggers work well
j-team

Post by j-team »

ghostrip wrote:if you use a clamp style trigger it wont move much. if you use the steyr trigger with the small allen screw at its side it wont stay at its place for long. also if you clamp the trigger too much the plastic carrier will deform. old fwb triggers work well
It's not the attchment that moves, it's the part bending (part number 55.1 "trigger blade carrier").
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

i dont own a lp10e . just what i have seen working or not working on fellow shooters lp10e in my country
therider

Post by therider »

Yes, for those who like to squeeze a sponge LP10E is for sure better than 162ei.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Yes, for those who like to squeeze a sponge LP10E is for sure better than 162ei.

Squeezing a sponge...that's a bit harsh! It seems that sponge squeezing may be the way to go... or at the least doesn't seem to be a handicap if world and Olympic records count for anything.
therider

Post by therider »

deadeyedick wrote:

Squeezing a sponge...that's a bit harsh! It seems that sponge squeezing may be the way to go... or at the least doesn't seem to be a handicap if world and Olympic records count for anything.
World record was achieved with LP10 mechanical, not electronic!
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Is this the shooter...Jin Jong-Oh ?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (44.25 KiB) Viewed 1176 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (18.48 KiB) Viewed 1176 times
therider

Post by therider »

yes, but he got the record with the mechanical, not with the electronic.... although with the electronic he has so far shot just one ring less.

anyway, may be he likes to squeeze spongy austrian babes..... I prefer a "knackig" one, as the Germans say
SamEEE

Post by SamEEE »

therider wrote:On the 28th there is int. competition in Munich, I will ask Steyr there and will post back

Any news from Munich regarding the Metal Trigger unit?
Image Image
therider

Post by therider »

I will go today and post tonight
therider

Post by therider »

SamEEE wrote:
Any newsregarding the Metal Trigger unit?
Which reply do you want? :-)
the official: "there is no new trigger unit"
the unofficial? pm me! ;-)