Anschutz cheek piece Question

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

MarkTrew

Anschutz cheek piece Question

Post by MarkTrew »

I have seen on one stock a factory cheekpiece adjuster that had a side adjustment. Has anyone else seen this and are parts currently available?

Thanks
Mark Trew
Tim S

Re: Anschutz cheek piece Question

Post by Tim S »

Could you be a little more specific? Did you mean a cheek piece that was adjustable side to side, or that the cheek piece was adjusted from the side.

I wonder of you mean the Precise cheek piece used on the 19/2018 alu stocks and the 1914.
patriot

Post by patriot »

The cheekpiece on the new Precise aluminum stock adjust as you say.

Mark
MarkTrew

Post by MarkTrew »

Yes, I agree my question left a lot of room for speculation.

Stock is an 1813, later vintage version. Under the normal 1813 attachment, the cheek piece has an additional piece of metal with recessed nuts to allow for lateral movement.

I saw this on a friends stock and would like to get the additional parts for a couple of my stocks. They do look like original Anschutz. And no it is not a Precise, much too old.

Send an email to Mrktrew@verizon.net and I will send pictures.

Thanks
Mark Trew
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

That's not a factory piece. I think the owner (or a previous owner) has added the sideways adjustment. The same spring loaded up-down hardware was used from about 1972 until the 1913 was upgraded with the 4-axis 2013 hardware in the '90s. The bracket had round countersunk holes for simple wood screws.

You'd need to have a similar intermediate plate made, or turn the holes in the bracket into slits with a file.
casadehusker

Post by casadehusker »

Look at older 2013 schematic.

#69 on drawing.........part number 4812-15. That is the plate you are asking about. You would have to inlay it into your style cheek piece.