Sling Choice

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

TomSwede

Sling Choice

Post by TomSwede »

Looking to get a new sling and would like to get one that is adjustable in position. Got an AHG Swing sling a few years ago, it was not able to take my sling pressure and the rivets started to slide and I retired it before it failed.
Thinking about trying again, the candidates are the Sauer Exact 4 and the Kurt Thune ATL.
How is the experience with these?

Tom
Tim S

Re: Sling Choice

Post by Tim S »

Tom,

I have a Thune ATL, and it's sturdy. I know what you mean about the Anschutz sling, as friends have them. You mean the material gave way around the rivets that hold in the twiddly bit? The Thune is different. The middle adjuster section pulls against a loop of the cuff section, so it should be just as strong as a regular Thune UIT 2 sling. There are screws to set the tightness of the cuff, but these don't appear to be structural.

I don't actually use the Thune as I found it a bit heavy, and the adjuster was too close to my triggerguard.
zanemoseley

Post by zanemoseley »

Save yourself some cash and get a nice sling handmade from Hata in Hawaii. I've got a black leather one that is gorgeous.

http://www.hataservices.com/precision-- ... lings.html
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

zanemoseley wrote:Save yourself some cash and get a nice sling handmade from Hata in Hawaii. I've got a black leather one that is gorgeous.

http://www.hataservices.com/precision-- ... lings.html
That's a nice copy of the Kurt Thune UIT 1, but it lacks the micro-adjustment that the OP wanted.
MarkTrew

Post by MarkTrew »

You might seriously consider the ISSF legal sling made by Jensen & sons, Boring OR. Gary Jensen makes a very durable and adjustable unit that helps with pulse control.

For a similar product check the Creedmoor catalog.
casadehusker

Post by casadehusker »

Have the Thune ATL....It's solid. Happy with it.