... and it appears to get nastier

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

jhmartin

... and it appears to get nastier

Post by jhmartin »

patriot

Re: ... and it appears to get nastier

Post by patriot »

Personally, the Olympics has become so corrupt and so politicized it should end and each sport should just manage their own World championship. I stopped watching it years ago.

Mark
hundert

Post by hundert »

why is it not possible to have several people (countries) share the same probe? This way they will not get lost or exchanged with a clean blood. Sounds like a failure of WADA to me and that it now tries to put blame on others.

Also, what they are accused of can't happen in Rio, because these Olympics are not in Russia, but in Rio. They can't mess with the probes at all.

The decision sounds political to me.
Last edited by hundert on Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

https://www.wada-ama.org/en/media/news/ ... ulation-of

https://www.olympic.org/news/statement- ... ada-report

Looks like we'll know tomorrow after the IOC considers the report that states:
Today’s 103-page Report outlines the following key findings that meet the standard of beyond reasonable doubt:

*** The Moscow laboratory operated, for the protection of doped Russian athletes, within a State-dictated failsafe system, described in the Report as the Disappearing Positive Methodology.

*** The Sochi laboratory operated a unique sample swapping methodology to enable doped Russian athletes to compete at the Games.

*** The Ministry of Sport directed, controlled and oversaw the manipulation of athletes’ analytical results and sample swapping, with the active participation and assistance of the Federal Security Service (FSB); the Center of Sports Preparation of National Teams of Russia (CSP); and, both Moscow and Sochi laboratories.
OUCH!
hundert

Post by hundert »

yes, it's a story of one guy apparently, other than that, I could've come up with it. The US' wasn't even stripped of its 2004 relay Olympic medal after they found one athlete (name Cox) used doping. Or even better, a tiny country Austria was number 1 doping user in the last couple of Olympics. You don't hear much about it... Most of them got a lifetime ban from Olympics.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Don't get me wrong ... and I hope I don't come across as gloating ... there is a path for the "honest athletes", but it looks to be a high hill to climb to compete under the neutral Olympic flag:
Furthermore, any exceptional entry of a Russian athlete should be considered by the IOC and IPC for participation under a neutral flag and in accordance with very strict criteria.

I would hope that even though "strict criteria" be met, that the procedure to compete under those criteria be defined and athletes processed quickly.

It's a frickin' mess.....
hundert

Post by hundert »

It makes no sense, it's still the same people form the same country. The attack is directed at Russia, not athletes, more proof is not needed. You carry Russian flag, you're not welcome, change the flag and come as you please.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

No .... I don't think that's what is said.

What is disconcerting is that when you get into the report ... there are a few on the "Disappearing Positives" graph from shooting. Don't know if that is Biathalon or a summer sport .....

Hmmm ... see that the DPs for shooting are lumped into Modern Pentathalon as well ... but no breakouts.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Wait until Thursday then .....

Statement of the Executive Board of the International Olympic Committee on the WADA Independent Person Report
https://www.olympic.org/news/statement- ... son-report

Reading the full report, and especially the "exhibit A" is infuriating.
You can also see their frustration as "hundert" alludes to in the Exhibit A- Section 1 "Legacy of the past" of the "discriminatory" re-testing of only Russia, Ukraine and Belarus of Athens to London samples.
FULL REPORT: https://wada-main-prod.s3.amazonaws.com ... final3.pdf

While it appears that the vast majority of Athletes are clean, there is still a long way to go to catch the few cheaters.