Thank you very much. NT

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Jtlittle

Thank you very much. NT

Post by Jtlittle »

Thanks
Last edited by Jtlittle on Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
patriot

Re: Hints on setting up an iris

Post by patriot »

Starting out, completely close the iris then as you slowly open it look for the setting where the light pops - the target suddenly gets brighter. Someone may share their setting, but if your eye relief is different it won't help. Plus, everyone's eyes are different. For example, mine are very glare sensitive. If the conditions are changing, cumulus clouds blowing over for example, you may want to re-adjust. If the target gets dark or washes out, re-adjust. Eye relief is personal preference. One crazy friend likes his so close his eyebrow bleeds after a Palma match. Until you get comfortable with your setup don't go crazy with the filters.

Mark
Last edited by patriot on Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jtlittle

Post by Jtlittle »

Thank you very much. Any hint on adjusting dioptry. It adjust from -4.5 to +4.5
Thanks
patriot

Post by patriot »

Oops, I should have you closing the iris in the prior post; will correct it. (brain still on endorphins from kayak racing)

You want to focus slightly beyond the front sight so that your eye remains relaxed. Start with +.5 then experiment. The sight appears sharp and the target slightly out of focus. The rear iris helps to sharpen the target image, but too dark will cause eye strain.

Art has more in depth information on his site. http://www.shootingsight.com/focal%20range.html

Mark
GeraldC

Post by GeraldC »

Jtlittle wrote:Thank you very much. Any hint on adjusting dioptry. It adjust from -4.5 to +4.5
Thanks
When I used one of these I opened the iris wide open and then adjusted the focus until I could read fine print at about a foot out from the front sight.Some may have the focal point further out or closer.Then I adjusted the iris as per other post.