Anschutz 1913 vs Walther kk300?????

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Levi Bergren

Anschutz 1913 vs Walther kk300?????

Post by Levi Bergren »

I have heard good things about both rifles but which is better? Also is the Anschutz 1918 or the Feinwerkbau 2700 any good?
mobarron

Re: Anschutz 1913 vs Walther kk300?????

Post by mobarron »

This is a Ford v. Chevy or Cadillac v. Lincoln question. Almost all of the major makers produce good rifles. It's really a matter of which one fits you best and gets your heart throbbing. MB
Levi Bergren

Post by Levi Bergren »

Got ya. So basically which ever I like best. Okay, what about some pros and cons?
patriot

Post by patriot »

I don't own a Walther, two friends do, but I believe it comes with a rear sight and some say the trigger is better. The Anschutz has better parts availability and resale. You'll have to shoot both to see which fits and performs best for you, which could take several months of adjustments.

Mark
Levi Bergren

Post by Levi Bergren »

So their both good but it is easier to get parts for anschutz. Okay. Any other pros, cons?
VicRC87

Post by VicRC87 »

Levi Bergren wrote:So their both good but it is easier to get parts for anschutz. Okay. Any other pros, cons?
Walther rifles come with sights included. I own a KK300 Anatomic it's really adjustable and come with premium butt plate and sights. One thing that I don't like much of this Walther rifle is the cheek piece adjustability this is where the Anschutz is better but the precision stock has a micrometer ruler to adjust the cheek rest, the Anschutz cheek piece is more a hike while the Walther is more curve and more comfortable, the Walther has a squared action the trigger is better but the Anschutz comes with a much better trigger shoe (although you can get a decent MEC for about forty bucks) one Hong that I have been having issue with my rifle is the but plate that keeps coming loose but it's more of a particular issue with mine so I have heard of, Anschutz are more picky about the ammo that is shot in the experience I have had, a big pro of Anschutz is the huge amount of aftermarket parts, but right out of the package the Walther would be a better value specially if you manage to get one on sale. The first two rifles I shot where Anschutz but when I got my hand on a Walther I fell in love. But to tell you the truth is a matter of preference try them both out (KK300 Anatomic vs 1913/1918 Precise) and choose which one fits you better.
Levi Bergren

Post by Levi Bergren »

Okay thanks VicRC87. Is the KK300 Alutec better than the Anatomic??
TraLfaz

Post by TraLfaz »

Levi Bergren wrote:Okay thanks VicRC87. Is the KK300 Alutec better than the Anatomic??
It depends on your preference but most people consider the Anatomic to be a step up from the Alutec (the Anatomic also cost more).
Levi Bergren

Post by Levi Bergren »

I have noticed that it does cost a bit more. So there aren't any real differences in between the two rifles? Just personal preference?
1813benny

Post by 1813benny »

I own both an 1813 and a kk300.

I would take the KK300 again in a heartbeat. Also, the availability of parts and support is no longer an issue as Walther has certified gunsmiths in the US. Most accessories from other manufactures and aftermarket companies fit and/or there are ones specific for Walther rifles.
ken
redschietti

Post by redschietti »

Havnt seen the biggest most important difference stated.

The distance from trigger to loading port is much better on the kk300. Thats worth points
Modena

Post by Modena »

Levi Bergren wrote:I have noticed that it does cost a bit more. So there aren't any real differences in between the two rifles? Just personal preference?
The Alutec is a cast aluminium stock, the Anatomic is laminated wood. The Alutec is somewhat "budget" compared to the Anatomic. I'm not talking it down, championships have been won with it. The Anatomic also as the name suggests is more adjustable.
yana

Post by yana »

I dont like the ergonomics of anschutz. I much prefer walther.
Dunno wether newer anschutzes have the triggerguard included in the stock as well?
Anyway, walther does, and I much prefer than.
Grip feels much better for me too.
Had a 1807, 2007 and shot the gunclubs 54.
The 2007's grip felt wayyyyyyyy oversized.
I own a KK100. Not a real walther but similar ergo's
patriot

Post by patriot »

You have a choice of grip sizes with the Anschutz. The precise 1918 stock grip adjustments allow you to move it laterally or angle it in two dimensions. That helped getting my thick hands out of the way for a clean trigger pull.

Mark
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

yana wrote:I dont like the ergonomics of anschutz. I much prefer walther.
Dunno wether newer anschutzes have the triggerguard included in the stock as well?
The only Anschutz wooden stock I've seen to have the triggerguard shaped into the stock was a version of the Fortner-actioned F27. All the rest have a metal triggerguard.

I do suspect the original question was about the KK300 alutec rather than the Universal as it was compared the 1913 not the 1907.
Levi Bergren

Post by Levi Bergren »

So I am now starting to lean towards Anschutz instead of Walther because Anschutz parts are more available, and Walther doesn't seem to have any advantages except for the action being closer. Was getting recommendations on the 1913 w/ 54 action. Any other thoughts or tips?
redschietti

Post by redschietti »

I'll sell you my anshutz! Then i'll buy another walther
Bstockton18

Post by Bstockton18 »

Just received an Anschutz 54.30 in a 1918 precise stock for my son. He said he likes the trigger, which is the same as the 1913, much better than the KK300 he tried. As everyone else has said it is personal preference but he loves the Anschutz. Also according to the supplier the 54.30 shoots better with a wider range of Ammo brands than the previous models did.
kevin nevius

Post by kevin nevius »

Hi Levi - here's my $.02:

The Walther KK300 is a far better rifle than the round 54 series Anschutz rifles for the following reasons:

1. The Walther trigger is far better, and can be reliably adjusted to zero creep. The Anschutz geometry allows the sear to "hang" - when the first stage is taken up, the springs cannot return it if the shot is not taken. So you need a small amount of creep based on design IMHO. The Walther is more reliable when adjusted to a zero creep condition.

2. The flat bottomed action provides better contact, and is easier to bed than the 54 action. It also has a more favorable action screw arrangement IMHO regarding accuracy.

3. The longer action shank and glued tennon provide additional accuracy potential beyond the 54 action design (short tennon and pressed / pinned arrangement), comparing factory barreled actions of course.

4. Walther barrels are far better generally than Anschutz factory offerings. There are great examples of both out there, but your odds are better finding a great Walther for sure - again, in my humble opinion.

5. Parts availability is not an issue - several outlets carry Walther parts, and I have had no issue getting them. I don't know why that would be a concern anyhow - I have cycled hundreds of thousands of rounds thru my Walther with absolutely no issues or breakages. My Anschutz rifles are equally as bulletproof - just stating I don't think it's an issue for either I guess.

The short dovetail area in front of the loading port of a 54 can also be an issue - especially for prone shooters. The Walther action is far easier to work with and is elongated in this area FYI.

Just my thoughts............good luck!

kev
patriot

Post by patriot »

Kevin,
If you don't mind sharing, how would it compare to the Racer?

Thanks,
Mark