Anything better than moleskin for a cheek rest?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

zanemoseley

Anything better than moleskin for a cheek rest?

Post by zanemoseley »

I need to add something to my cheek rest, my face gets sweaty and gets slipery on the rest. Anything out there better than moleskin.
IRLConor

Re: Anything better than moleskin for a cheek rest?

Post by IRLConor »

zanemoseley wrote:I need to add something to my cheek rest, my face gets sweaty and gets slipery on the rest. Anything out there better than moleskin.
I use non-skid tape designed to be put on steps to prevent slips/falls. Similar to skateboard tape. It's not 100% as comfortable as I'd like, but it works really well at keeping my head in the same place.
beye

Post by beye »

I like the Cheek-eez stick-on pads made of black Sorbothane and sold by Brownells. Available in 4 different thickness from 1/16" to 1/4" and 5"x6" in dimensions and you can cut to fit. Works well on sweaty days.
bugman1955

Post by bugman1955 »

I use a product called What A Grip. It is an absorbent material used on the handle of tennis rackets. Works really well.
zanemoseley

Post by zanemoseley »

I remembered we have this thin textured self adhesive grip pad meant for marine non slip applications. I put some on tonight and it looks great and seems better than just wood. I'll post a picture once photobucket decides to start working.
zanemoseley

Post by zanemoseley »

Here's what I ended up with, hopefully it works well.

groverdog1

Post by groverdog1 »

Try a piece of thin leather with a good adhesive..absorbs sweat, no slippage, lasts a long time and cheap

mark d
ken4all

Post by ken4all »

I glued a thin sheet of cork. Works fine. Always warm feeling, absorbs sweat and when a little dirty (darker collor) use some sandpaper to make it new.