Champion Super Olympic Frames

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

556Griff

Champion Super Olympic Frames

Post by 556Griff »

I am planning to purchase the Super Olympic frames and I'm wondering if people have used the 42mm lens versus the 25 mm lens. I've used the a 25mm lens with Knobloch frames and I thought images appeared smaller. Perhaps I had a bad lens. I'm planning on getting my normal distance prescription. I'm near sighted and I've heard some competitors like to add +.25 to their prescription to help. I've never tried this so I don't know if it would benefit me. I've only used a .5 lens in the front sight. For smallbore I don't use a front lens

Thanks for the advice

Matt
patriot

Re: Champion Super Olympic Frames

Post by patriot »

Matt,
The larger lens may fog if you are shooting prone. Normally it is worn by pistol shooters that need more eye protection. If you are shooting scope your normal prescription will be fine. But for irons you want a relaxed eye focus just a little beyond the front sight; the target may be a little fuzzy. Many shooters find a +.5 change from their prescription works best.

Mark

http://shop.shootingsight.com/Test-Lens ... ns-Kit.htm
556Griff

Re: Champion Super Olympic Frames

Post by 556Griff »

Thanks Mark. I'll check out that link. My thought behind using a 42mm frame is that a larger lens is more forgiving when talking about being perfectly centered but that won't matter if the lens won't work with the frames in the prone position.

Matt