Used FWB 602?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Mtl_Biker

Used FWB 602?

Post by Mtl_Biker »

Currently I shoot 10-meter rifle with my CZ 200T (PCP) with Gehmann sight. The rifle is probably a lot better than I am, but I'm itching to get a "real" 10-meter rifle. I have a line on a used FWB 602 SSP in good condition. Would you folks think that would be a good move? Would $700 CDN (about US$540) be a fair price?

Thanks for your comments...
AA S510 Xtra FAC Ultimate Sporter *CARBINE* .22
CZ200S "Green" .177
Feinwerkbau 800 Evolution Top
AA S400 MPR FT .177
Steyr EVO 10
Weihrauch HW50S .22
zanemoseley

Re: Used FWB 602?

Post by zanemoseley »

I bought a used LH FWB 601 last year for about $650 and felt it was a fair price, sounds like the deal you found is very good if the rifle is in good shape. The trigger on mine is just a good as my Anschutz 1907. I'd say they're about as accurate as new PCP wonder rifles, you're just not going to have a stock with 50 adjustments, basically it has an adjustable butt pad height and that's about it.

One thing that I find funny about the FWB600 series is that the cocking arm seems to be oriented for LH shooters like me, its perfect. For me I would think it would be a bit awkward cocking it with my left arm (same as you cocking with your right arm). To me that's a bigger drawback than anything else. When I shoot it standing I take my shot then place on my offhand stand, I keep my left hand on the grip and cock it with my free right hand.

Also don't be surprised if you have to replace seals. My exhaust seal went after just a couple dozen shots. I made a photo tutorial on this site to show how its replaced.
45ACP223

Post by 45ACP223 »

If in good shape it's a nice deal. If you don't buy it, send me a PM with details and I'll check it out. :-) Also, good luck with your new Evo10, destined to be another great air pistol!
Mtl_Biker

Post by Mtl_Biker »

zanemoseley wrote:I bought a used LH FWB 601 last year for about $650 and felt it was a fair price, sounds like the deal you found is very good if the rifle is in good shape. The trigger on mine is just a good as my Anschutz 1907. I'd say they're about as accurate as new PCP wonder rifles, you're just not going to have a stock with 50 adjustments, basically it has an adjustable butt pad height and that's about it.

One thing that I find funny about the FWB600 series is that the cocking arm seems to be oriented for LH shooters like me, its perfect. For me I would think it would be a bit awkward cocking it with my left arm (same as you cocking with your right arm). To me that's a bigger drawback than anything else. When I shoot it standing I take my shot then place on my offhand stand, I keep my left hand on the grip and cock it with my free right hand.

Also don't be surprised if you have to replace seals. My exhaust seal went after just a couple dozen shots. I made a photo tutorial on this site to show how its replaced.
Thanks for your comments. I've made the deal and the rifle is being shipped today. I should have it in about a week. It's coming from a reputable dealer who is offering a one-year warranty on it. I asked if I should pick up some replacement seals at the same time and was told that there is no need... the rifle has been thoroughly checked over and they're standing behind it for a year.

As far as the left-hand right-hand business, the cocking arm is on the right I believe. Like other FWB rifles I've shot. I'm right-handed, and I found no difficulty with that. Generally when using it, it's 10-meter paper with a shooting table in front of me so I'd rest it on the table, cock it and load. No big deal.
CZ200S "Green" .177
AA S400 MPR FT .177
Steyr EVO 10
Weihrauch HW50S .22
Mtl_Biker

Post by Mtl_Biker »

45ACP223 wrote:If in good shape it's a nice deal. If you don't buy it, send me a PM with details and I'll check it out. :-) Also, good luck with your new Evo10, destined to be another great air pistol!
It IS in good shape! The dealer (not a private sale) has checked it over thoroughly and is giving a one-year warranty with it. I asked about getting a spare set of seals just in case and I was assured it wouldn't be necessary.

My EVO 10 is right now stuck at Canada Customs. I was hoping it would be released today but so far it hasn't. So I might only receive it early next week. Gonna be a LONG wait! :)

Cheers!
CZ200S "Green" .177
AA S400 MPR FT .177
Steyr EVO 10
Weihrauch HW50S .22
Mtl_Biker

Post by Mtl_Biker »

My new German girlfriend arrived today!!!!!!!!

Feinwerkbau 602!

Now I've got to wait until 6pm (SIGH) for the staff to go home before I get to shoot it and zero in the sights. The rifle came to me with the sights and stock removed. I'm feeling like a kid waiting for Christmas morning!

I couldn't find with a Google search what years this model was made. I'd love to know the history of the gun... if only it could talk! Where has it been? How many owners has it had? Was it shot at any Olympics? Would be cool to know. Serial number is 202xxx.
CZ200S "Green" .177
AA S400 MPR FT .177
Steyr EVO 10
Weihrauch HW50S .22
FabioRifleRio

Post by FabioRifleRio »

Try email Feinwerkbau info@feinwerkbau.de and ask them for its birth date and spare parts, o-rings etc.