Teh-Hro Fantatic

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

conradin

Teh-Hro Fantatic

Post by conradin »

Any advice on the Tec-hro fanatic? I am choosing between that and a regular modern Anschutz Alu precise stock for an old anschutz rifle for junior club purpose. Which one fits better, especially if the need to switch setting being often (from one high schooler to another, or from prone to standing)? I am also concerned with which one has more weight towards the butt for balance purposes. This will fit a 1807, replacing the original standard 84 Olympics UIT wooden stock designed for women.
Tim S

Re: Teh-Hro Fantatic

Post by Tim S »

If this is for club use, and will be shared between several shooters at the same time, is a very complex alu stock really suitable in the first place? In my experience fitting a modern alu match stock is a fairly time consuming process, and not one easily replicated if the rifle is being shared. Re-adjusting the stock from one shooter to another takes up valuable practise time, and risks a step being forgotten so some part is in the wrong place or loose.

Now if the rifle will be used exclusively by a single shooter, then maybe it's worthwhile, although most beginners won't have the experience to appreciate or benefit from the full range of adjustments available. By the time that they have developed these skills, should they/their parents being buying their own rifle anyway?

While UIT stocks have many faults, they are very easily and quickly adjusted between positions.
conradin

Post by conradin »

Just most likely between me and whoever is the best shooter capable of using it, ie, outgrow the junior rifle and good enough to be competitive....
methosb

Post by methosb »

In the end it is really whether you prefer the feel of the round fore end of the Precise stock over the more square fore end of the Fanatic. The Fanatic may be useful for you since you are sharing the rifle as you can buy a second butt stock and butt plate so you can both have your own butt and cheek setups that can so easily be swapped.
conradin

Post by conradin »

methosb wrote:In the end it is really whether you prefer the feel of the round fore end of the Precise stock over the more square fore end of the Fanatic. The Fanatic may be useful for you since you are sharing the rifle as you can buy a second butt stock and butt plate so you can both have your own butt and cheek setups that can so easily be swapped.
Sounds like a perfect teaching aid. Thanks!
Pat McCoy

Post by Pat McCoy »

No second buttplate is required if this is for you and a more advanced junior. Simply keep the set up notations in your shooters diary (you do have one right), and have the other shooter do the same. It's a good chance to get the juniors using a diary if they aren't already, and teaches by example when they see you usig your to do the set up.

They will have to know how to keep the notes, and change the setup between positions anyhow (as will you).
kyh

Post by kyh »

I just bought the Fantaic stock one month ago. The hand grip only come in one size, medium. It is direct copy of Anschutz pro grip. It is made out of wood. In my opinion, the quality of the grip is very poor. I am in the process of modifying a FWB 800 grip to fit the stock. The feeling on the grip is night and day between FWB and the fantatic. It does required a lots work. Epoxy to fill the empty cavity, and needed to drill a straight hole for the screw.....