3P AR participation in the USA?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

IPshooter

3P AR participation in the USA?

Post by IPshooter »

Hello all,

I was having a conversation with someone from Europe recently, and the topic of 3P AR came up. The question was asked about how big is this form of competition in the USA.

Does anyone have any educated guesses about how many active 3P AR shooters there are here?

TIA

Stan
Andre

Re: 3P AR participation in the USA?

Post by Andre »

For juniors, thousands and thousands between Sporter and Precision classes.
lauriespal@yahoo.com

Post by lauriespal@yahoo.com »

Lets get something started for an Adult class sporter and precision.
PCU

Post by PCU »

CMP Aces Postal, has adult 3P for both sportier & precision.
Pat McCoy

Post by Pat McCoy »

And many of the 3P air matches held for juniors also welcome adults.
bberg7794

Post by bberg7794 »

lauriespal@yahoo.com wrote:Lets get something started for an Adult class sporter and precision.
PCU wrote:CMP Aces Postal, has adult 3P for both sportier & precision.
I agree completely and would love to see more 3P air rifle events for adults. There are a couple of national level events that adults can participate in, but very few local/regional events. Just look at the Shooting Sports USA list of coming events every month. Rarely do you see an air rifle event for adults, especially compared to smallbore (which is suffering compared to past years too).

Our adult smallbore club had to switch over to air rifle last season due to lead concerns at our former club. Consequently, we lost about 2/3'rds of our membership. Six of us persevered and we also picked up a couple new shooters. I even started a Facebook page for our club in attempt to generate more interest.

Those of us who stayed are very happy shooting air rifle and agree that it is as fun as smallbore and less expensive too. Our group has a long history of participation in the Vermont Winter Postal League, 4-position division, and we shot it again last winter with our air rifles. I am the only member so far to participate in the CMP Aces postal.

More adult participation would lead to more events, for sure. All we can do is encourage folks to try it.

Sorry about hijacking the thread-yes there are quite a few junior participants but very few adult participants. No idea about the raw numbers though.