Any tips with leg going numb in kneeling?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

zanemoseley

Any tips with leg going numb in kneeling?

Post by zanemoseley »

I've had this issue for the last couple years since I started shooting 3P. After I shoot the position I usually sit on the ground for 10 minutes or so because sometimes it goes so far asleep I can't feel it at all and I could might fall if I try and walk. Today I shot and placed a folded hand towel as a pad between my butt and the back of my shoe, this seemed to help some, my leg still fell asleep but didn't seem as bad as usual. Do you guys have any tips that might help me further?
CYS97

Re: Any tips with leg going numb in kneeling?

Post by CYS97 »

Do you use a kneeling roll? If so, I've tried filling mines with grass seeds, it helped reduce the pain of staying in position for a prolonged period of time. You could also try stretching. During prep times I usually set aside a minute or two to do a few ankle rotations before entering kneeling, this helps me with my circulation.
dakota308

Post by dakota308 »

Every 5 shots or so lean forward up on your down knee to take the pressure off you ankle and get the blood flowing. Stay in this position fro a couple of minutes. Remember always with an unloaded gun. Always worked for me.
WesternGrizzly

Post by WesternGrizzly »

Simply put... get used to it.
I don't mean to be blunt or insulting, but for a 40 shot kneeling match I don't know anyone who makes it without pain or numbness. Rocking forward can help a bit, but really if you train kneeling you will get used to it and will be able to focus regardless. Similar to the left arm in prone.
Matt
zanemoseley

Post by zanemoseley »

Well I'm beginning to practice in my basement with my FWB 601 SSP so hopefully I'll figure it out. I do feel I have more numbness problems than most, I don't seen anyone else laying on the ground for a couple minutes after shooting while their leg returns to life.