Damaged Aluminim Stock: Anschütz 2002 Match Air Rifle

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Montana

Damaged Aluminim Stock: Anschütz 2002 Match Air Rifle

Post by Montana »

I was looking at an Anschütz 2002 Match Air Rifle with the aluminum stock built in 2003 but ran into some issues. Naturally the two 13 year old air cylinders will need replacing and it will need the regulator serviced since it has never been touched. The big issue however is that the stock has broken where the bipod attaches. One side of the slot (lip) has broken off around 1-1.5” long but just the slot only. I was told the gun fell and landed on the bipod and broke. I have not shot it and do not know its condition other than a visual inspection and the items listed.

Since I am new to this sport and am looking for my daughter, I wanted to ask if anyone had suggestions on finding a replacement aluminum stock or other stock and even a possible value as it sits?

I have been told it would be best not to even mess with this gun due to what is wrong with it, what it needs, the time and money to repair (if it’s even possible) and also in light of the unknowns with this gun as well. I would love to hear some additional thoughts on this from the forum.
patriot

Re: Damaged Aluminim Stock: Anschütz 2002 Match Air Rifle

Post by patriot »

The stock metal can be milled out and an aluminum rail installed; its been done before on the early 2213 smallbore stocks. Champion Shooters carries the rail material.

Mark
Montana

Post by Montana »

any idea on the cost of repairs? and ultimately what a gun in this condition, prior to repairs and replacements, is worth?
patriot

Post by patriot »

If it were shooting; a wild guess would be $350-$400. The rail is $15. Machine work shouldn't take more than 1/2 hour.

http://www.championshooters.com/index.p ... Itemid=111
Montana

Post by Montana »

Yep, thats the rail I did find. Naturally the damage and repair would affect resale value, any idea what one may consider for price? Wild guesses welcome! Dont forget it needs new air cylinders and regulator serviced and the time to hassle and get it done, if I can even find someone to do the work...... correctly. Of course thats all assuming it shoots well....
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

In the words of Anschutz, the 2002CA is "a tank". Except for the one weakness you have stated .. the sintered (cast) alum stock.
It is very thin in the region some have stated to mill out, so you would have to carefully match a rail that would go in there ... would have to be low profile I think not to be "sticking out". (That .290 Anschutz rail is iffy in my book. When I get back home I can look and measure ours to see if you could mill out enough to get that in flush....)

In great shape w/ "new" cylinder (say 5 years left), and recent regulator replacement I'd ask $1200 for the one I have and not budge. The cylinder replacement will cost you $230ish, the regulator replacement about $100. So you are down to about $900.

With the rail work, if you decide you need it after all (if it's at the front edge no real issue ... got a pic you can post?) ... i.e where would a handstop go? Assuming you are looking for 3-P Air work, about $600 is the max I'd pay for it. (And I REALLY like 2002CAs)
That's with sights in good condition as well.