Smallbore staying in Bristol thru 2020

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

dakota308

Smallbore staying in Bristol thru 2020

Post by dakota308 »

Shooters, saw this article and thought to pass it on.

http://www.elkharttruth.com/hometown/br ... years.html
bdutton

Re: Smallbore staying in Bristol thru 2020

Post by bdutton »

dakota308 wrote:Shooters, saw this article and thought to pass it on.

It's just a temporary move.

;)
1813benny

Post by 1813benny »

bdutton wrote:
dakota308 wrote:Shooters, saw this article and thought to pass it on.

It's just a temporary move.

;)
Time for a new governing body....
gwsb

Post by gwsb »

But guys it's only for 2 years. It will be back in 2016.

Benny sadly that has been tried before and failed. The NRA has considered smallbore the step child of shooting for years and it is fading into oblivion for a multitude of reasons. The other governing body USAShooting is just as screwed up or more. It got tho the point that it sued its athletes last year and has had to reorganize.

Time for term limits on NRA directors and committee members.
proneshooter

Post by proneshooter »

It would be great if CMP could get the Championship away from the NRA. Not likely to happen since competitive shooting is a cash cow for the NRA.
1813benny

Post by 1813benny »

proneshooter wrote:It would be great if CMP could get the Championship away from the NRA. Not likely to happen since competitive shooting is a cash cow for the NRA.
I would not be too quick to jump on the CMP bandwagon unless they have a very clear written mission statement on what they would do with precision smallbore. Not saying that they are not a potential solution, just being cautious that there is a plan.

Personally, I do not think that smallbore is a cash cow for the NRA . If it was, we might have some more respect. We are a poster child opportunity that they parade for 2nd amendment rights.
VicRC87

Post by VicRC87 »

proneshooter wrote:It would be great if CMP could get the Championship away from the NRA. Not likely to happen since competitive shooting is a cash cow for the NRA.
The issue with th CMP taking the smallbore competition is that it would drastically reduce the number of shooters competing within the United States as to be able to compete in a great number or almost all CMP matches and to purchase items from them you have to be a US citizen and a lot of shooters are residents or even her on a work visa or anything as such. The issue is that most people are just finding out about the sport, I myself used to be an air rifle shooter back in high school for my NJROTC program manage to get a second national place in my senior year but due to lack of knowledge and guidance dropped the sport until last year that I found out about competitions where I currently live, if more people practice and know about the sport the better regulated and organize that it will become, that is the simple truth.
patriot

Post by patriot »

We are talking about the nationals, as in "US Nationals", not some international event. We are not running this match for the benefit of foreigners.

Mark