IZH MP-532 air rifle

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

terry mc

IZH MP-532 air rifle

Post by terry mc »

Hi Guys,
I am new to the forum here.

I have just got into air pistols about a year ago.
I originally bought a daisy 747 for an inexpensive step into the air pistol world.
Then I had a chance to buy an IZH-46 and I love it.

So for a while now I have wanted an SSP match rifle for general shooting.
I felt the SSP would suit me best because I wanted match grade accuracy, a really good trigger, and the convenience of no PCP peripherals. I though of many different models and brands and had narrowed it down to maybe a Anshuntz Superair, FWB 601, or the MP-532. I never considered the Daisy 753 because of the terrible trigger feel, and the junk inside the Daisy's, barrels shoot good but the guts are all cheap. The best would probably been the 601, but I love my IZH-46 and I tend to be a person that supports brands that I like so I set out to find the MP-532.

As luck would have it, a member on here had one for sale, recently.
I just purchased this tack driver last week and got it in last night.

I only had a hour or two to work with it last night, but I can say WOW!
This airgun is amazingly accurate and easy to shoot well.
First 2 pellets out of the gun were way off target as the sights got moved in shipping.
I was shooting 20 meters and the first 2 shots were .18" center to center for cheap RWS Hobby 7.0 gr.
Most of the rest of the time was spent getting the gun sighted in and it still needs some fine tuning.
But at the end I shot about 50 pellets into a <.75" group at 20 meters so just one big hole.
Now keep in mind I do not compete, I only shoot for pleasure and this gun while very heavy is an absolute pleasure to shoot.

I think I am in love with this new (to me) rifle!

I know there were not a whole lot of these sold here in the US so I want to thank Gary Rex for selling me his mint example.
NanoZ.

Re: IZH MP-532 air rifle

Post by NanoZ. »

Good rifle!!, i never see one in person.

The power plant is the same in the rifle and IZH46m pistol, did you feel same power in both?

Or you feel more power in the rifle?

Thank you,

Ed
terry mc

Re: IZH MP-532 air rifle

Post by terry mc »

I have the early IZH46 not the M so the rifle is a little stronger than the pistol.

I have not clocked it yet, but I have been shooting at around 20 yards and you can definitely hear the difference in the time it takes for a hit.
I have done the pistol and it was like clock work it shot 432 fps over and over again.
I will eventually take the rifle to my friends house and clock it as well.