How to know which grip size to get?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Dr Doctor

How to know which grip size to get?

Post by Dr Doctor »

Hey all,

Once again, with a dumb question. Anschutz offers different grip sizes on their PCP precision rifles. The 8002 has options of small, medium, or large. Is there any way of knowing which one is good for me?

I'm 6'2" and have big hands--but normal for someone who is 6'2". I'm trying to decide between medium and large. Don't want to make a mistake, then have to pay 240$ for a new handgrip.

Thanks!
dezzick3

Re: How to know which grip size to get?

Post by dezzick3 »

Go with the large. The large grip on the Precise stocks (well at least the smallbore one but I assume the grips are the same) is not actually that big, two girls use them at our club with not much difficulty. I am also 6"2 with fairly large hands and if anything I found the large grip to be a bit on the small side, but it sounds like you should be fine.
IRLConor

Post by IRLConor »

I find that the Anschütz medium grip (for the 20 series Precise stock) suits my hand. Here are my hand measurements:

Width of palm: 9cm
Length of palm (wrist to inside of middle finger knuckle): 10cm
Trigger finger: 7cm
Middle finger: 8cm
Little finger: 6cm
Thumb: 6cm

Here it is in my hand: http://imgur.com/IZCBvCX

Compare that with your own hand measurements and hopefully you'll be able to choose appropriately.
patriot

Post by patriot »

I'm 6'1" with large thick palms and shorter fingers. I was worried the large grip would be too big but it fits perfect. I had moved the trigger to the rear during the initial setup, but ended up putting it back in the middle.

Mark