I'm a newby, and I'm thinking of buying a Walther KK500

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

patriot

Re: I'm a newby, and I'm thinking of buying a Walther KK500

Post by patriot »

"Conventional wisdom", for what that is worth, is to go with a lighter color. Supposedly when a dark color causes that eye to dilate the shooting eye has a sympathetic response. But the only thing certain about eyes is that each person's is different.

Mark
Levi Bergren

Post by Levi Bergren »

On the dominant eye problem, I have found that for your non-dominate eye a blinder does work extremely well. You can buy them or, take a milk jug and cut a 1 or maybe 1 and a half inch wide strip and about three or four inches long. (depending on your preference it can be longer or shorter) Now take your strip and cut an x in the end and push it onto the end of your rear sight. If I said anything wrong about this then please correct me. Hope this helps!!
Mike Carter

Post by Mike Carter »

Modena,
I too am left handed, but I have a dominant right eye. I shoot right handed, smallbore, shotgun and pistol. It feels unnatural to do those things lefty.
I write, throw, eat, bowl, left handed. But I bat right handed and swing a golf club right handed. It wasn't that I was shown how to do these things, it is what felt natural. If you are brand new to the game of shooting, you might ask yourself what feels natural when you pick up anything that might fire a projectile. If you were to raise one arm, extend your index finger to point at something, which hand would it be? Which eye would you be looking through. If you raised your right arm to point with and closed your left eye and your finger remained on the object. You are very likely right eye dominant.