Bee sting tuner

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

tenring

Re: Bee sting tuner

Post by tenring »

I just received my Starik tube a few weeks ago. Good quality item, it was easier to tune than with my Upta and is much lighter. I wasn't crazy about the alignment design, but it is just fine if you don't use scope. If you do use scope you need to make another weight that is exactly the weight of the sight. An easy fix to this is having another rail on the bottom side of the tube to just move your sight to the bottom just as you did on the Upta. Other than that it's my favorite tuner. I'll likely be ordering another in the future.

tenring
GeraldC

Post by GeraldC »

Martin H wrote: And as another bonus the total weight is the same as my standard Bleiker long bloop tube.

Martin
I have often wondered if one of the things that makes the Blieker shoot so consistently was the fine tuning of the tube to suit the barrel.
Moore

Post by Moore »

Same as no one in RF Benchrest shoots without a tuner, either they work or 99% of the entire group are wrong.. They Work... As to cleaning buy a tuner cleaner, "Oh Yes They Make Those Too".......
patriot

Post by patriot »

Moore wrote:Same as no one in RF Benchrest shoots without a tuner, either they work or 99% of the entire group are wrong.. They Work... As to cleaning buy a tuner cleaner, "Oh Yes They Make Those Too".......
A tuner must be having an effect. When it is out of tune the groups go all to heck. And I generally subscribe to the approach of finding the best ammo then tuning the rifle to it rather than trying to luck into ammo the rifle likes, which may not be the best combination. But the tuner I hung on the 1813 didn't seem to improve the groups at 100. It made the rifle less ammo sensitive; started shooting decent groups with RWS R50. I recently replaced it with a 54.30. It is shooting such small groups I won't add a tuner. Either I won the lottery, Anschutz figured something out, or they are using their better barrels to market the new rifle.

As I said previously, we really need a scientific study to sort out the facts from the commonly held beliefs and utter nonsense.

Mark