Anschutz 1813 Action Screw Question

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

kilowhiskey

Anschutz 1813 Action Screw Question

Post by kilowhiskey »

I downloaded a parts manual for an 1807/1813 from the Anschutz web site (snippet attached) and noticed the action screws were originally furnished with what appears to be a stack of belleville washers. Older manual for 1913 shows same arrangement. Is this still used on new wooden stocked 1913's? Or was this a seemingly good engineering solution dropped as it offered no benefit?

The 30 year old 1813 that I am now the custodian of just has solid washers under the oversize action screws. (Sometime in this poor rifle's life, the 4mm screws got stripped out and were replaced by 5mm screws)
Attachments
Anschutz Parts Manual.jpg
Anschutz Parts Manual.jpg (40.48 KiB) Viewed 1600 times
Andre

Re: Anschutz 1813 Action Screw Question

Post by Andre »

My gun does indeed use a washer stack for both action screws. Solid washers, that are staked in place on the bolt.
mtncwru

Post by mtncwru »

Yep, that's still the standard. Someone makes replacements, if I recall correctly. I would probably start with Anschutz North America (http://www.anschutznorthamerica.com/) and go from there. Others here might have other ideas, and I think it's been discussed here before.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

The solid bushings are almost certainly a replacement for the standard washer stack. I've seen a few 18/1900 rifles with this modification; one had been epoxy bedded too, and one also had a 5mm hex head (posibly because the thread size is uncommon, the owner took what they could get). I'm not sure if the bushings are an improvement on the factory washers, but don't apear to be noticeably worse.
casadehusker

Post by casadehusker »

My 1913 with wood stock came with stacked washers.

May look at jnpgunsprings.Com for some possible replacement action screws.
BR1942

Post by BR1942 »

If I remember correctly standard washer stack were to ensure tightening torque using the long key that came with the rifle .
With a torque wrench I think standard washer stack can be smoothly put off.