MEC Mark I SB stock

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

efoleyjr

MEC Mark I SB stock

Post by efoleyjr »

Does anyone have experience with the MEC Mark I SB stock? How much right hand offset, right hand shooter, is the stock capable of ? In other words, can you move the inside of the cheek piece to the right enough to line up with the firing pin? Any other comments would be welcomed.

Ed
WesternGrizzly

Re: MEC Mark I SB stock

Post by WesternGrizzly »

I have a MEC Mark 1 stock for the 2013 action. I have been shooting with it for 5 years or so. I don't have it right in front of me, but I don't think the cheekpiece will move that far over to the right. I just use risers that move the sights laterally to the left. If you shoot three position, one of the things you should be aware of is the way the buttplate attaches to the stock is very clumsy for rapid change overs in finals. All other brands that I can think of have rods that just slide into the rear of the stock parallel with the bore line. The MEC has rods that slide in perpendicular to the bore line. So in order to change buttplates and length of pull you must do those two separately. The exception to this is the option to remove the entire rear of the stock with a thumb screw. The standard stock has two screws just to the rear of the action that hold the grip, buttplate, and cheekpiece to the fore end. Mec can modify this so there is a thumb screw on the right hand side of the stock to detach the entire back end. Daniel Brodmeier has this feature on his stock.
Matt
efoleyjr

Post by efoleyjr »

Thanks Matt. That is a good idea to use offset riser blocks and I will try it. I only shoot prone so once I get it setup I am good.
Ed
jpbt1994

Post by jpbt1994 »

Hi WesternGrizzly,

I've spent a good hour attempting to figure out how the buttplate is to be removed from the stock. Is it just a matter of loosing the grub screws on the "Mark 1 Link" and sliding it perpendicular to the bore line?

Cheers