TRIGGER HAND GLOVE

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

RED RAIDER

TRIGGER HAND GLOVE

Post by RED RAIDER »

What are the pros & cons of a trigger hand glove for both air & sb? I am looking at the glove made by Kurt Thune for the trigger hand.
Jason

Re: TRIGGER HAND GLOVE

Post by Jason »

I like my Sauer glove because a medium pistol grip is a touch small and a large pistol grip is a touch big -- the glove makes the medium grip that I have more comfortable. I just can't bring myself to putty up my free rifle stock. . . .

And I'm Canadian so the glove provides a little bit of insulation on cold-ish days.

Jason
DRB3224

Post by DRB3224 »

Creedmoor Sports sells a trigger hand glove also.
EJ

Post by EJ »

I bought my glove directly after the comp (AR) where I put a pellet in the carpet because I slipped on the grip with my sweaty hand...
I use a golf glove instead though (on my second one now), very thin so you don't loose any feel but with enhanced grip. Just cut off the trigger finger and you're set! You can cut off the other fingers as well but I haven't as that's an important section for my grip.
Ryan Anderson

Post by Ryan Anderson »

EJ,

Trigger hand gloves are not necessary for everyone. I would suggest only buying one if you fall under one of the two following categories:

1) your hand gets sweaty and you feel like you could use some extra grippiness on your pistol grip to keep the feeling consistent throughout your shooting session (this is why I personally use a trigger hand glove).

2) you feel like you want the sensation of a slightly larger grip without having to actually alter the stock using quickwood or quicksteel. A trigger hand glove could also help to "fill in the gaps" if you feel like the grip shape isn't quite right for your hand.

Ultimately, it probably will not make a huge difference in your score, but it may help fix either of the two above minor annoyances if they are things that bother you.

Ryan
Check out my free shooting podcast available on youtube and also through iTunes or the Android "podomatic" app! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgT7XX ... hg630OLsfQ