Kurt Thune vs Monard Gloves

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

lyoke

Kurt Thune vs Monard Gloves

Post by lyoke »

Hello,

I am a 3P Smallbore competitor as well as a 10M Air Rifle competitor. I am looking into purchasing a new glove and have been hearing great things about both the Monard and Kurt Thune gloves. I didn't know if there was a huge difference or what the recommendation would be on which to purchase. I am relatively new and I am looking for an "expert" opinion.

Monard: http://www.mckennashootingsports.com/pr ... sion-glove

Kurt Thune: http://www.10pt9.com/Kurt-Thune-SOLID-S ... -p101.html

Would these gloves be ISSF legal for smallbore as well as air rifle? Is there a different glove that would be recommended?

Thank you!
Tim S

Re: Kurt Thune vs Monard Gloves

Post by Tim S »

Having shot with both (well, with the original Monard Proloiner) I can say that both are very good. The Monard is very stiff over the back of the hand, so in Prone it cushions the sling very well, but in standing you may not have enough fexibility unless your left wrist is straight.
mtncwru

Post by mtncwru »

Both gloves should be legal for both smallbore and air rifle (the clothing standards are the same for both, as I recall).

I have tried both, and wound up with one over the other because of how it fit my hand in position.

Gloves are one of those things that you really just have to try out for yourself. Both the gloves you've mentioned are fine gloves, it's just a question of what fits your hand.

One other thing to consider is that you could use a different glove for standing than for prone/kneeling; you certainly wouldn't be alone in that regard.
lyoke

Post by lyoke »

Went with the kurt thune.