Hello, new member in Australia

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Modena

Hello, new member in Australia

Post by Modena »

Hello all,

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. My name is Ben and I am in Melbourne, Australia. I am getting in to prone 22LR. I wanted to do this years ago but a bunch of things meant it wasn't really possible, but now it is! I am 39 years of age. I will be attending my first club shoot as a visitor in the coming weeks when everyone is back from holidays. The club I will be visiting is 10 mins from my house and been around a very long time. They only have a 20metre range, but I have another range also nearby which offers up to 50metres.

I have not done target shooting before, but have done rifle shooting of .303 , 22LR and 12 gauge on private property. I'm kind of analytical and detail focused so I'm looking forward to the challenge and science of small bore target shooting.

This period over Christmas / New Year (had 2 weeks off work) has been great to do SO MUCH reading on the web about small bore and I have already learnt so much! The ISSF rule book was an eye opener, along with countless informative threads on this great site.

I look forward to shooting the breeze here with you all :D
David Levene

Re: Hello, new member in Australia

Post by David Levene »

Good luck with your shooting career.

Be like a sponge at your new club: soak up all of the information that will doubtlessly be available, although you will then need to decide what to discard.

If they have a formal coaching scheme then latch on to that.
Shooter

Re: Hello, new member in Australia

Post by Shooter »

Hi: Welcome to this great sport. Because of my interest, I have spent time in 20 countries, all but 9 states and 4 provinces in Canada. I have really enjoyed myself and know people all over the place. I wanted to let you know that I have the largest library of shooting sports info in private hands in the u.s. and it is available to anyone, anywhere. If you would like to see what I have and how to get a look at some of it, I would need a name and mailing address. I don't have anything online so I have to use the mails. Don in Oregon at bawilli@comcast.net. Use my email please.