New sight for Hammerli AR20 ?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

gasmann

New sight for Hammerli AR20 ?

Post by gasmann »

I really want to put 22mm front sight and adjustable iris on my AR20. The front sight from my Anschutz 1413 wouldn't quite go on, the groove in the sight base is just tiny bit too narrow. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Greg
bruce

Re: New sight for Hammerli AR20 ?

Post by bruce »

The Centra Score foresight tunnel is available in 22mm and with the Hämmerli fitting.

http://www.edinkillie.co.uk/ecatalog/ce ... Path=44_48
gasmann

Post by gasmann »

Thanks Bruce,
That Centra looks like a nice sight. I was looking for something a bit simpler like the Gehmann 523-22.
John Whidden

Post by John Whidden »

On my daughter's AR20 we added a rear sight riser and then drilled and tapped the barrel (?) for a tall old school dovetail, and then attached a 22mm fromt sight to this. I happened to have these items in a drawer and the system worked out great.
Jimro

Post by Jimro »

On my daughter's AR20 we added a rear sight riser and then drilled and tapped the barrel (?) for a tall old school dovetail
I guess you could call it a "barrel housing" or "barrel shroud" for lack of more precise words. The monolithic aluminum frame has that built in "bloop tube" area where drilling and tapping won't interfere at all with the barrel so drilling and tapping for a site base is a dang good idea if you need a riser.

Jimro