Giraud Scope Stand?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

gas_gunner

Giraud Scope Stand?

Post by gas_gunner »

Does anyone here have a Giraud Scope Stand? I just bought one and would like to compare some of the functions on mine to another to see if what I am observing is correct function.

Thanks,

Danny
dahigg

Re: Giraud Scope Stand?

Post by dahigg »

I've had one for about 7 years now.
gas_gunner

Post by gas_gunner »

dahigg wrote:I've had one for about 7 years now.
Thanks for the reply. It should help a lot. About a week ago, I got one after wanting one for about a couple of years. When I got mine, the scope elevation function was locked solid and I could not at first get the scope elevation function to raise and lower by twisting the knob. At first, I only succeeded in unscrewing the black knob from the scope elevation knob assembly when I went CCW. I finally got it free and working smoothly, but noticed that when I twisted the elevation assembly CW and CCW, there was some small amount of rotational play in both directions before the scope actually started to raise or lower. I suspect this is normal due to the slight tolerance difference between the cam on the elevation knob and the slot on the plastic plate, but I did twist fairly hard on the assembly, so I can't be 100% certain. With that said, can you check if you have a small amount of rotational play in both directions before the scope actually starts moving?

Thanks,

Danny
dahigg

Post by dahigg »

There is a little play in the knob before it catches and moves the scope up and down. However, I never really thought anything of it.
gas_gunner

Post by gas_gunner »

Thanks for the help. I assumed it was ok, and like you, would never have thought about it if I hadn't had to really crank on it to get it functioning. I could not be sure I had not put a divot in the plastic, when I cranked hard to get it to move.

Danny