shooting glasses

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

bugman1955

shooting glasses

Post by bugman1955 »

I need a new pair of shooting glasses for rifle. Opinions about the Champion Olympic and Knobloch would be appreciated.
mtncwru

Re: shooting glasses

Post by mtncwru »

Are you shooting prone only, or 3P?
Shooterer

Post by Shooterer »

I use Bob Jones glasses
efoleyjr

Post by efoleyjr »

Check out MEC glasses. I had Champion Super Olympic's and changed to MEC. The MEC takes a little more time to adjust but once set they stay put better and are a LOT cheaper.
Ed
bugman1955

Post by bugman1955 »

Sorry, a little more info. I only shoot prone. I have a pair of Jaggi Nova but find I need more adjustment than my glasses can do.
HWN1011

Post by HWN1011 »

Another vote for MEC by far the best glasses. Like said above once adjusted they stay adjusted unlike the Champion glasses.
gwsb

Post by gwsb »

Have you tried contact lenses?

For several reasons they are better than glasses of any kind. First, the closer to your eye the bigger the apparent size of the bull is and nothing is closer than contacts. Second, if you have astigmatism you can get contacts that don't just correct it but change the shape of your cornea to remove the astigmatism. Third the way most modern shooting glasses are made it is easy to make a small but crucial shift in the lens and not know it.

Drawback to contacts is dust can be painful.

Also have you talked to your Dr. about surgery to correct your eye problems? Many shooters I have talked to about it say it helped them a lot.

I was a prone shooter and used contacts. It was a big change when I went to them. The bull looked like it was as big as a basketball.
bugman1955

Post by bugman1955 »

What lens for rifle prone .should I get? 23mm or 37mm.
gas_gunner

Post by gas_gunner »

bugman1955 wrote:What lens for rifle prone .should I get? 23mm or 37mm.
You should get the 23mm. If you get the bigger lenses and try to use the lens centering device to optimize adjustment of the lens, you might find that the lens hits the nosepiece and can't be adjusted to the proper position.

Danny