Anschutz 8002 cleaning

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

fa38

Anschutz 8002 cleaning

Post by fa38 »

I recently purchased an Anschutz 8002 and see that they recommend cleaning the rifle every 2000 or 3000 shots or once a year in the course of inspection with their cleaning kit.

When I received the rifle in early Sept. and not having a cleaning kit I just shot the rifle and now have around 2900 pellets thru it. It seem to hit right where the sight (scope) is pointed so I am wondering if I should clean it or wait until the shot does not go to point of aim?

Anschutz seems to make a big deal out of the 2000-3000 shot cleaning (large bold print) so am I screwing up if I continue to shoot it?
It looks like I would have to take the shroud off the barrel or feed the string or whatever that line is, thru the barrel from the breech. Is that how it is cleaned?

I have also been shooting pellets that have been rolled around in a pellet tin that also contains a cleaning patch that has some FP10 lube on it, therefore, the pellets have a very slight amount of lube on them. I can't see or feel the lube on the pellet but can smell it. Good or bad?

I also see that they say not to shoot felt pellets for cleaning and a friend of mine has a spring air gun that he shoots the felt wads thru for cleaning. Does anyone know why Anschutz recommends against the felt wads?
redschietti

Re: Anschutz 8002 cleaning

Post by redschietti »

I have seen gunsmiths pull fluff from cleaning pellets from a regulater.

Cleaning has improved accuracy for me, but ten shot groups get smaller for at least 100 shots in my exprience after just pulling through a couple times
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

I cut the brass end of a bore snake in half to be able to feed it through the action. Note I use a bore snake that does not have the brass brush weaved into the rope. I pull it through twice after a every tin of pellets just to be consistent.
fa38

Post by fa38 »

I guess I will clean with the Anschutz cleaning kit which I just ordered from Champions Choice. Tried to buy it from Champ Shooters and could not find it there. I purchased the rifle from Champ Shooters Supply.

I can never tell how much of the literature for a company’s product is CYA and how much should be taken seriously.

Thanks for the replys.