Olympic Air Rifle shooting in Los Angeles area?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

AngliaUSA

Olympic Air Rifle shooting in Los Angeles area?

Post by AngliaUSA »

I have had no luck finding any clubs anywhere near me where me and my 4 children can train for air pistol and air rifle competition -

I am 20 mins North of Los Angles and don't mind driving a few hours any suggestions ?

Regards and thank you in advance for the replies / suggestions.
ALLEN JAYNES

Re: Olympic Air Rifle shooting in Los Angeles area?

Post by ALLEN JAYNES »

L A RIFLE AND REVOLVER
DAVID KIMES IS ONE OF THE COACHES , MAY BE ONE OF THE BEST IN THE COUNTRY

Mailing address: 5819 Hadrians Cres, Anaheim, CA 92807
Telephone: 714-612-4585

Email: larr.smallbore@gmail.com
AngliaUSA

Post by AngliaUSA »

Thank you much appreciated.
ShootWithStyle

Post by ShootWithStyle »

The website for the Junior Shooting Program at the Los Angeles Rifle and Revolver Club is JuniorShooters.com.

They are primarily focused on smallbore rifle, but have all the equipment needed for beginners so there is no need for a new shooter or shooters to purchase anything. It is a very good program and has helped several juniors earn scholarships to collegiate rifle teams.

Air pistol (and some air rifle) can be found at the Bridge Junior Shooting Club in La Puente, CA (also very close to LAR&R). Mr. Kim runs that program and can be reached at 213-700-7161.

Joe
mtncwru

Post by mtncwru »

You want the JuniorShooters.com website. While we do shoot at the LA Rifle and Revolver Club, the Junior program there is still (technically) a separate organization.

At LAR&R we are primarily focused on smallbore. In that we feel we are quite good: we have many shooters over the years who have gone to NCAA teams, earned NCAA scholarships, won NRA and USA Shooting National Championships, and even the occasional World Champion. We partner with Mr. Kim and the Bridge Club for air rifle.

We typically meet the first and second weekend of every month. We have a Smallbore PTO match on 10/24 at 0900 that would be a great opportunity to come meet people and see our facilities.

~Mike