Cutting gloves?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Jordan1s

Cutting gloves?

Post by Jordan1s »

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone on here at any experience with cutting the fingers shorter on their gloves, more specifically, the Kurt Thune solid top grip one(the one that isn't a full finger glove). I LOVE this glove for small bore because i get great support, but I want to use it for air rifle as well. The only problem is that in air rifle, i like loading with my left hand, where as in small-bore i have to load with my right. I want to cut the fingers shorter so that i have an easier time grabbing the pellets, but at the same time, I'm not sure if the glove will start falling apart or not if I cut the fingers shorter. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

-Jordan
redschietti

Re: Cutting gloves?

Post by redschietti »

Cut it! Probly throw a few stitches in it
txjm

Post by txjm »

You will definitely need to stitch them up. Probably restich before they wear out. Works fine.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Use poultry shears. Don't wear the glove when doing it.
Ryan Anderson

Post by Ryan Anderson »

It probably will start to fall apart a bit since the stitching on that kind of glove is only along the edges of the plastic. However if you have some sewing skills and a big robust needle or can find a saddle shop or something like that nearby I'm sure they'll be able to do it no problem.

RYan
Check out my free shooting podcast available on youtube and also through iTunes or the Android "podomatic" app! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgT7XX ... hg630OLsfQ