Is "No pulse" sling Worth the extra $$

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Giddaymate

Is "No pulse" sling Worth the extra $$

Post by Giddaymate »

In your opinion is it worth to upgrade from a standard shooting sling to one of these finer ($) ones, like this Gehmann no pulse?

Tim S

Re: Is "No pulse" sling Worth the extra $$

Post by Tim S »

A similar question was asked last year. See here http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php ... ilit=pulse

In short, possibly, but it's not the only way. I'd investigate simpler methods (sling height, rotation, tension, padding, glove etc) before buying a new sling.
patriot

Post by patriot »

The only real way to know is to try one for a month. I upgraded mine last year; wanted one that would not slide down my arm during a string. I've been very happy with the result.

Mark
Last edited by patriot on Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Giddaymate

Post by Giddaymate »

Thanks guys.

You know of an online shop where I can purchase slings?
Cumbrian

Post by Cumbrian »

If, as I guess you may be, you are in Australia, the British outlets of Intershoot and Edenkillie (q.v.) would be worth considering as well as the US ones. I have had good service from both of them. Their websites are user friendly.
mobarron

Post by mobarron »

I have been very skeptical of the no-pulse slings. But recently I started using one instead of the Thune 40mm that I've used for many years. In a couple of Midrange matches (600 yds.) I shot more Xs than I normally do so I've continued to use it. The sling is a Jensen.
dc.fireman

Post by dc.fireman »

mobarron wrote:I have been very skeptical of the no-pulse slings. But recently I started using one instead of the Thune 40mm that I've used for many years. In a couple of Midrange matches (600 yds.) I shot more Xs than I normally do so I've continued to use it. The sling is a Jensen.
I also found the one I use (a Sauer III) helpful. While it didn't eliminate the pulse completely, it made the movement smaller, and it now moves in a consistent predictable manner.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

dc.fireman wrote:I also found the one I use (a Sauer III) helpful. While it didn't eliminate the pulse completely, it made the movement smaller, and it now moves in a consistent predictable manner.
Is the Sauer sling a no pulse type, i.e. one with some form of self-centring strap? I'd thought it was a conventional type, just with micro-adjustment, but I haven't looked too hard.
moooose

Post by moooose »

I shoot mainly prone and switched from a basic sling to a MEC Sling at the beginning of this season. Just my 2 cents: it's damned expensive, but worth the money, not only because of the "pulse free" feature, but also - and mainly - for the possibility to customize the setup, the comfort and the overall quality.
dc.fireman

Post by dc.fireman »

Tim S wrote:
dc.fireman wrote:I also found the one I use (a Sauer III) helpful. While it didn't eliminate the pulse completely, it made the movement smaller, and it now moves in a consistent predictable manner.
Is the Sauer sling a no pulse type, i.e. one with some form of self-centring strap? I'd thought it was a conventional type, just with micro-adjustment, but I haven't looked too hard.

Tim - it is both;

It has a micro-adjusting device, and the sling has a sort of free swiveling attachment near the center of the two bands. My pulse beat used to form a sort of backwards 'J'. It now looks like a hyphen - .