Where to shoot SB Prone in North Carolina

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

DR1586

Where to shoot SB Prone in North Carolina

Post by DR1586 »

The wife and I just moved to central NC from the beach and I'm looking to shoot some occasional smallbore matches. I know Sir Walter shoots prone matches and I've heard of a club up in Asheville that hosts some as well. I've been a high power shooter for a long time and need to get back in the game after a few years off. But I'm looking for some smallbore matches to do a little cross training. Local club matches are perfect, I just want to shoot. If anyone knows of clubs that host matches or have an informal league, let me know.

PS- I am in the Burlington, NC area.
Abi

Re: Where to shoot SB Prone in North Carolina

Post by Abi »

Hi! I'm in Chapel Hill...

We shoot NRA conventional/metric smallbore prone at Sir Walter on the 2nd Saturday of the month March through October. match starts at 9am.

Burlington/Mebane area has a few gun ranges around, I'm a member at Durham Pistol & Rifle Club (DPRC), we have a many-year-long waitlist and do not have Smallbore, but we have many other types of events open to the public, look on our website www.dprc.org

We also shoot NRA Smallbore Prone in Ridgeville SC on the third Saturday of the month, full year, with a NRA Regional in November, this is at Palmetto Gun Club.

thats it.

Abi