Re: feinwerkbau 800x or walther lg 400 anatomic need help

Post by BigAl »

reza-shooter wrote:hello my friends
i need your help. i want to buy on of the air rifles below:
feinwerkbau 800x
walther lg 400 anatomic
which one is better do u think. please tell by reason
thank u all for help

Neither, or both! It's not really a question that can be answered. All that can really be said is that they are both excellent guns. Unfortunately you would really have to try them both to make up your mind. I guess then minimum would to be to shoot rifles from both manufacturers, even if they are not the latest versions, as that might tell you a bit about the ergonomics of how each manufacturers guns work, as generally with each new model it is probably more evolution than revolution. I have shot FWB P70 and know someone with a 700. I've also shot both the Walther LG300 in wood stock and my daughter's LG 400 Alutec basic. Personally though I think I would rather go with one of the Alutec models rather than the Anatomic. I have held the Anatomic but not had a chance to shoot one. I really like the Walther air rifles, although I have shot Anschutz smallbore rifles pretty much exclusively. The club we shoot at has shooters with Walther, FWB and Steyr air rifles but no Anschutz.

Alan
Andre

Post by Andre »

Both are very good rifles, the main difference between the two (in my mind) is the balance. Feinwerkbau and Anschutz rifles are fairly barrel heavy, while Walther rifles have a center of gravity noticeably further back. Is one better? Depends. I shoot a 700 and like the balance with some extra weight in the back, however I've held some Anatomics and noticed I hold them very still aswell.

It really breaks down to personal preference. Try both if you can, then choose.
reza-shooter

Post by reza-shooter »

is feinwerkbau 800x more adjustable than lg400 ?
i shoot with walther lg300 and fwb 700alu both company are pretty good but walther rifles is more balanced.(as u said and my experience)
but why most of the top shooters use fwb ? whats advantage of fwb rifles? how about anchutz 9003 ? have u shoot with that?
TraLfaz

Post by TraLfaz »

It’s a personal thing. Anschutz , FWB and Walther are all great rifles. All three have won Olympic medals. It just depends on which is better for you. Andre uses a FWB 700, my son LOVES his Walther LG400 Anatomic, and we have many friends who shoot the 9003 Precise. It all depends on which rifle fits you best.
Andre

Post by Andre »

reza-shooter wrote:is feinwerkbau 800x more adjustable than lg400 ?
i shoot with walther lg300 and fwb 700alu both company are pretty good but walther rifles is more balanced.(as u said and my experience)
but why most of the top shooters use fwb ? whats advantage of fwb rifles? how about anchutz 9003 ? have u shoot with that?

The only advantage of one brand over another is feel. They all share mostly the same technology.

I've shot Walther's and Anschutz, but I've always preferred FWB. I'm not gonna lie, they do feel a bit chunky and modular but I like that feel. A Walther is all rounded and refined but they just don't fit me. FWB rifles are also very simple, and easy to tinker with if that's your thing.

Never shot a 9003, however I've held Anschutz precise air and smallbore rifles, the feel of Precise Anschutz is not for me.
reza-shooter

Post by reza-shooter »

D:
Attachments
new anschutz 9015
new anschutz 9015
photo_2015-09-05_01-10-54.jpg (34.7 KiB) Viewed 8957 times
Ryan Anderson

Post by Ryan Anderson »

While I don't have much experience with the FWB 800, I have shot a 700 for many years. From what I understand the 800 is quite similar (although I have known quite a few people who have had malfunctions with them and haven't been very happy...). I will tell you that the 700 at least is quite excellent, although a bit front-heavy. I actually just started using a walther lg 400 anatomic for two major reasons: 1) it is much easier to obtain whatever your ideal weight and balance for the rifle compared to the FWB and 2) the loading port is such so that I can load from the shoulder without putting the rifle down on the rest between shots, which I prefer. Overall I prefer the trigger and grip shape on the FWB, but the two reasons above overshadow that slightly for me, leading to me currently using the Walther. It comes down to personal preference. Hold both, shoot them both if you can, and decide which feel you like better.

Ryan
Check out my free shooting podcast available on youtube and also through iTunes or the Android "podomatic" app! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgT7XX ... hg630OLsfQ
ShootWithStyle

Post by ShootWithStyle »

All the air rifles available are capable of shooting 10s. It then comes down to personal preference.

I have handled the FWB700, FWB800, Anschutz 8002 in standard aluminum stock, Anschutz 9003 in Precise Stock, LG400 in Anatomic Stock, and the LG400 in Alutec stock. I ended up getting the LG400 in the Alutec stock. For me it handles really well and I prefer it's loading setup to the others.

Also, customer service is a big thing for me. I got mine through Shawn McKenna at McKenna Shooting Sports and have been nothing but happy with the communication with him.

You can get the Walther LG400 in different colors also if you want something different. Just contact Shawn and he can make arrangements with Walther Arms to get it exactly how you want it.

Joe
ShootWithStyle

Post by ShootWithStyle »

Get the LG400 Alutec and you can have it in any of these colors. I believe they'll also color match if you want a color that's not standard.

If you're in the USA contact Shawn at McKenna Shooting Sports. As I said before, I've been nothing but happy with the service and the rifle I got through him.

Jober
WesternGrizzly

Post by WesternGrizzly »

Ryan makes a really good point about the 800: it breaks. I personally know at least 5 people who have had major problems with them. Including barrels changed, regulators changed, and pretty much everything changed and replaced. Only one of those people still shoots the 800.
I really like the LG 400. I love the trigger, love how it points, and really enjoy how it's loaded. It comes very light which is great for people who like a light gun, or people who want tailor it to their preferences. I like a really heavy gun so it was kinda fun getting it up to weight.
Matt
Dustin Clays

Post by Dustin Clays »

My daughter (16yo, 5' 3" 120# frame) decided on the FWB 800x- because in her words: "it feels better" when she was holding it.

My advice- which one 'feels' better? Puck it op a few times, which one feels more natural? The rest of it can be adjusted to fine tune it. Soon it will start to grow into your body and become a part of you! (ha ha). ;)