Getting 25mm Champion Lenses made in NE Ohio?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

gas_gunner

Getting 25mm Champion Lenses made in NE Ohio?

Post by gas_gunner »

Does anyone know of an optician in NE Ohio that can grind to size lenses for my 25mm Champion Frames? I was going to use 10.9, as they had a vendor that could do it, but they dropped that vendor due to spotty delivery times. Right now, 10.9 does offer some basic lenses in 25mm, but I need astigmatism correction. The vendor that supplied 10.9 with lenses of that size with astigmatism is the one they dropped.

Thanks for any help,

Danny
efoleyjr

Re: Getting 25mm Champion Lenses made in NE Ohio?

Post by efoleyjr »

gas_gunner wrote:Does anyone know of an optician in NE Ohio that can grind to size lenses for my 25mm Champion Frames? I was going to use 10.9, as they had a vendor that could do it, but they dropped that vendor due to spotty delivery times. Right now, 10.9 does offer some basic lenses in 25mm, but I need astigmatism correction. The vendor that supplied 10.9 with lenses of that size with astigmatism is the one they dropped.

Thanks for any help,

Danny
email me at edf@fohcinc.com. I may have what you need or I have a good lens man.
Ed
swift220swift

Post by swift220swift »

Steve Villani at Eyeglass Lens Direct made me 2 lenses for my Neostyle Champions for $35 + Shipping. The lenses were 25mm round with a simple Rx. He was knowledgeable about making lenses for shooting glasses. The website is:

http://www.eyeglasslensdirect.com/
gas_gunner

Post by gas_gunner »

swift220swift wrote:Steve Villani at Eyeglass Lens Direct made me 2 lenses for my Neostyle Champions for $35 + Shipping. The lenses were 25mm round with a simple Rx. He was knowledgeable about making lenses for shooting glasses. The website is:

http://www.eyeglasslensdirect.com/
Thanks for the help. It is good to see another Swift fan. I have contacted Ed, as he asks above. I will also look into the contact you have supplied for me.

Danny
ShootingSight

Post by ShootingSight »

I can make lenses for you with astigmatism correction, I use Polycarbonate with AR coating. Cost is $40 for a lens. I'm in Cincinnati, but it does not need to be FTF - I have champion frames, so can assure a good fit.

Typically, the lens power you are after is your distance vision, plus either +0.50 or +0.75 diopters, depending on the sight radius of what you are shooting.

Art Neergaard
ShootingSight llc
Art Neergaard
ShootingSight LLC
www.shootingsight.com
info@shootingsight.com
513-702-4879
gas_gunner

Post by gas_gunner »

ShootingSight wrote:I can make lenses for you with astigmatism correction, I use Polycarbonate with AR coating. Cost is $40 for a lens. I'm in Cincinnati, but it does not need to be FTF - I have champion frames, so can assure a good fit.

Typically, the lens power you are after is your distance vision, plus either +0.50 or +0.75 diopters, depending on the sight radius of what you are shooting.

Art Neergaard
ShootingSight llc
Art,
Thanks for the posting. I should have talked to you at the National Matches. We did say "hi" to each other as I looked at your goods as it appeared that you were packing up to leave. I am aware of the basic formula you use, and it is what I have always gone by, or a bit stronger of a lens. I saw something interesting in an old posting of yours on the CMP Site, which I made a reply to. In your posting, you said something like "my math works correctly, except in the case that you need distance vision correction to see the target". Well, I need vision correction to see the target and number boards at Perry, at 1000, and not any correction for the front sights. Usually, a strong enough correction degrades my sight focus over viewing with a naked eye, and I always have trouble with seeing the target and number boards with the typical corrections at 1000. I shoot a service rifle at 1000. Are the basic numbers you post going to change any because of my needs for distance correction? My street prescription is -1.50 sphere, and I THINK (see note below) -0.250 cylinder. Right now, I am having trouble with my shooting prescription (currently with no astigmatism correction), but I can manage it well enough with my smallbore rifle. I can clean the 50 yd. NRA target prone if I do my part, but have difficulties at 1000. My recent eye doctor prescribed me with a prescription NOT including astigmatism in the shooting eye, maybe to "save me money", as my previous correction was only -0.250 cylinder. That would work fine for non-shooting activities. I have more than four years of correction at my old doctor at the value of -0.250 cylinder, so I tend to believe that.

Thanks for any help,

Danny