cross eye dominate

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Bryan996

Re: cross eye dominate

Post by Bryan996 »

I'm pleased using a black blinder has worked for your daughter too, think how much money you've just saved!
mbradley

Post by mbradley »

Red, I cannot discourage you enough on the thought of trying to change a natural right handed child into a left handed. I could get into the weeds with you on motor learning, but it is not necessary. Eye dominance is of some importance when tracking a moving object like a baseball, but is of far less importance in a closed skill like shooting. Eye dominance tests primarily give pistol instructors somthing else with which to overwhelm their new students.
redschietti

Post by redschietti »

Additional follow up. She shot first club match last week and was up 50 pts. Granted she is a year older but thats a big jump i mostly attribute to black blinder. I know all about translucent blinder allowing more light to eye, but black really helped fix cross eye dominate.
gas_gunner

Post by gas_gunner »

Maybe you should observe how they want to hold the rifle and go with that. I am right handed, left eye dominant but have always shot left handed. Left handed was the way I first picked up a toy rifle as a kid. That is what felt natural to me. I never knew it was left handed for a long time. Holding a rifle right handed, for me, feels like writing left handed as a right handed (normally) person.

Danny
redschietti

Post by redschietti »

Yes, i agree Danny. A different daughter of mine does some things right handed and some left. Writes with either or both at same time.

The daughter in this thread is very rt handed and very left eye dominate. The BLACK blinder was a great solution. A white blinder didnt work.. All she saw w both eyes open was white.
Bryan996

Post by Bryan996 »

Redschietti,

I'm pleased my suggestion worked for you, 50 points is a very strong improvement please congratulate her from me.

Bryan