muzzle jump to the left

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

phatom

muzzle jump to the left

Post by phatom »

This is my 3rd year shooting small bore and just upgraded to a 2007 Anschutz rifle
I have been slowly adjusting it but still have a muzzle jump to the left
I bought the book "ways of the rifle "which talks about it but doesn't go it to detail how to correct it
any suggestions would be appreciated as I am sill learning this rifle with all the stuff you can adjust

thanks
robert
patriot

Re: muzzle jump to the left

Post by patriot »

It is almost impossible to diagnose without photos of the position. ....elbow positions and angles, sling position, and shoulder pressure...

Mark
Ryan Anderson

Post by Ryan Anderson »

What position are you having this trouble with? Depending on the position the answer will vary. I.e. in standing it could be that your balance is off or youre position is twisted funny, in prone it could be that you have your support arm coming back around over your elbow and could try rotating the sling cuff in toward your body a bit, and for kneeling it could be a similar issue to what you have in prone or even a combination of the problems from both standing and prone depending on how you have your position set up.
Check out my free shooting podcast available on youtube and also through iTunes or the Android "podomatic" app! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgT7XX ... hg630OLsfQ
mobarron

Post by mobarron »

IMO muzzle movement, whether it is movement before the shot or afterwards, is very difficult to diagnose under any circumstances. With my own shooting I decided long ago to stop worrying about it and to concentrate on a consistent position and a good NPA. MONB