FWB 700 Cocking Lever Issue

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Andre

FWB 700 Cocking Lever Issue

Post by Andre »

At Anniston this year, I got my 9 y/o FWB 700 resealed by the gunsmith there. After the reseal the cocking lever no longer worked smoothly and I was recommended to purchase a new cocking lever, because the bronze bushings were supposedly worn out. When it went in it was silky smooth so I really don't think the lever is the issue. It seems as though the sliding action (Plunger tube?) is rotating CCW (shooters perspective), pulling the "S" shaped linkage to the left and angling it in the bushing causing it to bind.

Has anybody had this problem, and what can I do to fix this? If needed I can turn and press in new bushings.
Ryan Anderson

Re: FWB 700 Cocking Lever Issue

Post by Ryan Anderson »

I have shot a FWB 700 air rifle for about 8 years or so and have had a similar problem with the cocking lever being "sticky." While I am not quite sure what causes it, but I have never had anything replaced on the gun relating to it, despite having used it extensively. I guess I can't directly answer your question as I am not familiar with all the detailed parts and construction of the mechanism, but I have been able to keep it working just fine in the last 5 years or so since the problem arose just by putting some regular lubricating oil on the outside surface of the cocking lever. Just be careful that you don't get any down in the regulator! Use in a very conservative fashion; it doesn't take much.

Not sure if these is even the same problem as what you were having, but since nobody had answered your question I figured I would try to give it a shot based on what I've experienced.

Ryan
Check out my free shooting podcast available on youtube and also through iTunes or the Android "podomatic" app! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgT7XX ... hg630OLsfQ
Andre

Post by Andre »

Ryan, thank you for the reply.

I disassembled the entire assembly and found a ton of grease, either by the 'smith or already in the gun and got re-liquified by the oil the 'smith used and turned back into grease. Whatever the case I replaced it with copper anti-seize (liquid type) and it's working much better now, nice and smooth.
Piefou

Post by Piefou »

Got the issue as well, the lever "sticking" when you pull it back.

Sometimes, clean the dirty oil on the absorber, put some new oil, job done.
FWB P700 Alu & JSB S100 pellets // Annie 1913 Precise & Eley Sport bullets