Problem with a Centra Spy/Centra riser block

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

D.Sigurdsson

Problem with a Centra Spy/Centra riser block

Post by D.Sigurdsson »

About 6-8 weeks ago I bought a new Centra Spy short along with a new Centra block8 riser set(8mm riser).

I put the riser on the receiver and put the sight on top of the riser, but the sight would not fasten to the riser.
Included with the sight was a 4mm riser block, I tried using that and the sight is stuck using that, and also when mounted directly onto the receiver, just not when using the 8mm riser.
I of course contacted the store immediately and described the issue and they asked me to send them the riser block since I was only having issue with it and not the 4mm or when mounted directly onto the receiver, now they contacted me last week and told me they had sent them to Centra for inspection and just got them back from Centra saying "nothing could be found wrong".
Now mounting a sight is no rocket science so mounting it on should be fairly straight forward.

When ordering the riser block and sight I could select between anschutz, Walther and FWB, since I have an 1807 I of course selected the anschutz option and both items were marked "anschutz" on the boxes.
Riser block was marked "ans8" and the sight box is marked "19088881 spy short s anschutz" and the sight itself is marked "spy 14-s 1872"

Took this video just before shipping the riser block back to Germany.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssLWtdUbzSw

Has anyone ever had an issue similar to this?
-Dui Sigurdsson

"A Golf Course Is A Waste Of A Perfectly Good Rifle Range"
Andre

Re: Problem with a Centra Spy/Centra riser block

Post by Andre »

So the sight attaches to the rifle with no riser, but with the 8mm riser it won't clamp? The top of the sight riser was milled too narrow. You could mess around with a metal shim but I'd just send the riser back.

It's not some sort of Anschutz/Walther front rail adapter, the Walther front rail is much smaller yet.
D.Sigurdsson

Re: Problem with a Centra Spy/Centra riser block

Post by D.Sigurdsson »

Andre wrote:So the sight attaches to the rifle with no riser, but with the 8mm riser it won't clamp? The top of the sight riser was milled too narrow. You could mess around with a metal shim but I'd just send the riser back.

It's not some sort of Anschutz/Walther front rail adapter, the Walther front rail is much smaller yet.

Yes correct, will clamp on rifle, not on 8mm riser. I had already made it work with some shims
I am fairly mechanically inclined so I'll find a way to get them working properly when I get the riser blocks back from Germany, are already on their way.

I think for the riser the mfg option is indeed for the front, as the front was clearly marked "ans" but the rear one had A/W/S
-Dui Sigurdsson

"A Golf Course Is A Waste Of A Perfectly Good Rifle Range"