Anschutz 1903 stock question

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

jstonemo

Anschutz 1903 stock question

Post by jstonemo »

My daughter is using an Anschutz 1903 currently in 3P and Prone but the length of pull isn't working for her. Instead of cutting down the stock, are there any precise aluminum stocks for the 1903? I haven't found one yet and I assume it's because it is the 64 action. Any ideas?
John
Proud parent of a competition shooter - smallbore, air rifle and high power.
Andre

Re: Anschutz 1903 stock question

Post by Andre »

I've only been in competitive shooting for about 4 years so I certainly have not seen everything, however I do not believe there is a 64 action precise stock.
ZD

Post by ZD »

John,

There are no aftermarket aluminum stocks made for the 1903 action, as it is a 64 action. I know for our team, we had the Tec Hro stock from 10.9 modified for a 1903 by a machinist, but I would not suggest doing this. Personally, you will lose more money in the long run updating a 1903, which will be difficult anyway, and leave you with an extra wood stock that will not sell, but can be done, as opposed to selling the complete rifle and buying something else. However, I do have another suggestion. We took our 1903s, cut off part of the back of the stock, and screwed in a steel plate to the back of the stock, like one you would find at a hardware store. In this process, we updated the buttolate by attaching an anschutz carrier rod and buttolate, the 4765, which is the standard anschutz hook buttplate. So, we did not attach the carrier plate that adjusts the angle and length, just the rod that the buttplate moves up and down on. Not sure how well the rubber buttplate would attach. Probably not well. Just some suggestions, let me know if you have any questions, and as always more input is appreciated from others on this forum.

-Zach

-Zach
RED RAIDER

Post by RED RAIDER »

Anschutz is now making a JR stock for the 1903. I don't know if you can buy the stock by itself or not. but I would look into that if I were in your shoes.