New Anschutz question

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

JPK

New Anschutz question

Post by JPK »

My daughter got her new 1907/1914 anschutz today!! Man it was just like Christmas!
Now I have a stupid question. I cannot get the bottom hook to go on the butt plate. I even took the clamping screw all the way out and pried open the opening, to try to get the shaft to go through it. It will not go on. Any suggestions?? I think if I was to pry the opening anymore it might break.
jhmartin

Re: New Anschutz question

Post by jhmartin »

John ... bet she's excited!
On one of ours we had to get some sandpaper, roll it in a tube shape, enough for a pretty tight fit and roll it around a bit ... do it in stages so you don't go too far ...
JPK

Post by JPK »

Yeah, I am not sure who was more excited me or her!!
Thanks for the tip.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Keep it a tight fit ... even if she has to tap it on with a small wooden block.
You don't want to have to tighten that bolt down too much, the head may strip/booger up. And Kids already have a tendency to over tighten stuff.
Andre

Post by Andre »

I have the exact same model you just bought your daughter, it had the same problem. Get it perfectly aligned, with the clamping screw removed, then tap it home with a mallet.

Because it is so tight I keep the screw permanently loose, and adjust it on the fly just by twisting it.

On my gun the screw for the LOP adjustment on the trigger rail stripped out, I had a heck of a time removing the trigger from the rail. Be careful to not strip it, it seems a batch of screws missed the heat treating process. Same thing happened to a friends 1907, bought about a year later.
JPK

Post by JPK »

I ended up sanding the inside of the hook a little bit and then tapped it on. I think it is good now.
Thanks for all your help.