Centra Duplex

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

conradin

Centra Duplex

Post by conradin »

Anyone uses the Centra Duplex? How does feel and how does the sight picture look like? Is it helpful to have two rings instead of one?

I set my front sight diameter ridiculously small, so I wonder if having a Duplex can help make things more forgivable.
deboom_j

Re: Centra Duplex

Post by deboom_j »

Conradin,

My understanding of the Duplex in terms of purpose and function, is that it's meant to help align your eye with the rear sight. By adding an extra ring at the "front" of the rear sight, when your eye is lined up correctly, the rings appear concentric, as in the Duplex ring will be centered in the rear iris, and the front sight will be centered in the rear iris too.

Now, whether or not the target is centered in the front sight apeture, is a totally separate problem, and I don't think the Duplex will provide any help with that.

John
khuckabee

Post by khuckabee »

deboom_j wrote:Conradin,

My understanding of the Duplex in terms of purpose and function, is that it's meant to help align your eye with the rear sight. By adding an extra ring at the "front" of the rear sight, when your eye is lined up correctly, the rings appear concentric, as in the Duplex ring will be centered in the rear iris, and the front sight will be centered in the rear iris too.

Now, whether or not the target is centered in the front sight apeture, is a totally separate problem, and I don't think the Duplex will provide any help with that.

John
khuckabee

Post by khuckabee »

I believe John is correct, I am about to order for my sons 1907, also, any suggestions for a spirit level? I am thinking seriously about the new Spy sight from central/MEC also, if anyone has experience with it let me know. Kevin
conradin

Post by conradin »

khuckabee wrote:I believe John is correct, I am about to order for my sons 1907, also, any suggestions for a spirit level? I am thinking seriously about the new Spy sight from central/MEC also, if anyone has experience with it let me know. Kevin
I use the Gehmann level along with the optional light on my crossbow. Works pretty well especially one can adjust the level of brightness.