Sight extension tube for Anschutz 1807?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

JasonM

Sight extension tube for Anschutz 1807?

Post by JasonM »

My daughter is using an Anschutz 1807, and we are currently using a higher front base so that she can use her rear 8mm sight riser. She can't use the 8mm front sight riser due to the 1807 barrel not being grooved for it, and I'm worried about getting a sight extension tube that is made for a 1900 series barrel not working with the 1807 barrel. Does anyone have a specific recommendation on a sight extension tube that will work with the 1807 barrel?

Thanks for any advice that you can share for a new "shooting dad." :)
kameljock

Re: Sight extension tube for Anschutz 1807?

Post by kameljock »

Give Bill Earnest of ESP a call.

Bill Earnest
345 Coal Street
Teverton, PA 17881
570-797-4872

http://woodsonrifle.dreamhosters.com/ea ... g-products
patriot

Post by patriot »

BeeStings are sized to order, just a bit expensive.

Mark
Andre

Post by Andre »

patriot wrote:BeeStings are sized to order, just a bit expensive.

Mark
From the spec sheet, they are well worth it and are the best in the market. Carbon fiber which aids in dampening, flippable for when shooting with a scope, etc.
mtncwru

Post by mtncwru »

I had the same issue as you, Jason, wanting to fit a dovetail sight onto my 1807 so I could use sight risers.

You are correct in being hesitant about ordering a 1907 tube: it won't fit an 1807 muzzle. 1907 muzzles are right around 0.947", and my 1807 was 0.920".

I wound up using a Champion's Choice tube and collar before I went the tuner route. They're lightweight, and far less expensive than the Beesting or Uptagrafft offerings. Measure your muzzle diameter with a set of calipers (a ruler isn't good enough, you need this down to thousandths of an inch), and call Champion's Choice with that measurement. They can bore out a collar for a nominal fee. Bill Earnest also makes bloop tubes, and will make the collar to the needed diameter, too.

You will also need a different front sight than the one currently on your daughter's rifle once you go the dovetail/riser route. Generally speaking, the inserts you already have will be fine (assuming you get the same diameter sight as you're already using), but as you've already noted the dovetails are different.

http://champchoice.com/store/Main.aspx? ... m=19915900 may be another option, still, but I think long terms I would recommend the bloop tube with dovetail/new front sight combo.

Welcome to the wonderful world of precision shooting!
patriot

Post by patriot »

Andre wrote:
patriot wrote:BeeStings are sized to order, just a bit expensive.

Mark
From the spec sheet, they are well worth it and are the best in the market. Carbon fiber which aids in dampening, flippable for when shooting with a scope, etc.
Yep, well built, not too heavy, can flip upside down for a scope, and I particularly like the integrated tuner design and add on weights. Cleaning the carbon fiber tube is a bit more of a pain than metal.

Mark
Last edited by patriot on Fri May 22, 2015 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D.Sigurdsson

Post by D.Sigurdsson »

I'm using an Champion Choice tube on my 1807 not bad for around $80 with a custom size of an adapter.
The tube itself comes with a dovetail and threaded holes for mounting the sight block.

Only down side I can see with mine is that when I remove it and remount it, there is a great shift in POI, I'm currently in the process of deciding what tube to upgrade to.
-Dui Sigurdsson

"A Golf Course Is A Waste Of A Perfectly Good Rifle Range"