Post front sight installation

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

left360

Post front sight installation

Post by left360 »

I have a FWB P70 Universal with a 22mm front sight. It came with a couple post front sights. How do these install? I must be missing something obvious.
Tim S

Re: Post front sight installation

Post by Tim S »

Elements are normally held in by a clamping screw. There should be a knurled ring at one end of the tunnel (usually the end facing the shooter); loosen this and the element should come out. Some elements drop in/out of a slot in the top of the tunnel, but some stay on the clamp. With the clamp removed, you may need to prod the element out with your finger.
left360

Post by left360 »

Thanks Tim. I know how to change the plastic front sight insert or aperture. I was wondering how to install the front sight post pictured.

Thanks, Steve

Tim S

Post by Tim S »

That one is new to me, I'm not surprised that you're stumpedu. Every post element I've seen has the post inside the curve to be able to fit inside the tunnel. That looks like it was made for a different sight.
GeraldC

Post by GeraldC »

http://www.schiesssport-buinger.de/shoo ... air-pistol.
Feinwerkbau front sight blade, elevated for air pistol

for model 100, 102, 103, C10, C20, C25, C55, P30, P34, 55P, P55, P56
left360

Post by left360 »

Doh! That might explain it. Somebody must have mixed up their rifle and pistol sight inserts before they sold them.

The next question: Is there a post front sight insert for the FWB 22mm front sight? I've only seen them in 18mm for Anschutz.

Thanks, Steve
Andre

Post by Andre »

As long as the m18 post Insert has those two wings on the side, you can use them I'm a FWB front sight. I've done it with success in the past.
mobarron

Post by mobarron »

I'm told that centra makes a post front sight element for the 22mm front sight. I don't know whether it's engraved on glass or the typical metal skeleton. Mike Barron