New Barrelled Action for Anschutz 2313 Stock - Advice please

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

SDHarris

New Barrelled Action for Anschutz 2313 Stock - Advice please

Post by SDHarris »

I'm currently looking to replace my existing barrelled action in my Anschutz 2313 stock but can't make up my mind what to get.

At the moment i have two Anschutz 2013's, but i'm wondering if it would be beneficial to move to something like a Bleiker or Grunig & Elmiger. I've done some research on both and they both have equally impressive individual qualities.

I know that a Bleiker will fit in the Anschutz stock with a little machining, but i've searched all over to see if a Grunig would do the same but to no avail.

I shoot both prone and 3P and have spent a fair bit of money on kit, so would prefer not to change stock if i can help it.

Basically what i'm asking is does anybody know if the Grunig would fit in my Anshcutz 2313 stock? Is Bleiker or Grunig better? Should i just save my money and stick with the Anschutz?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sam
patriot

Re: New Barrelled Action for Anschutz 2313 Stock - Advice pl

Post by patriot »

I'll check with a friend that has a Grunig, but with the close loading port and trigger I doubt it would fit.

Mark
mtncwru

Post by mtncwru »

Instead of a complete new action, you could just replace the barrel in your current action. You could also hold off until the Anschutz 54.30 becomes available, as that has a closer loading port and shorter bolt. You would need an adapter plate to make it work with your stock.

Out of curiosity, where are you located?
patriot

Post by patriot »

My friend thinks the holes will align but it would still take some work. Perhaps that is what Andre is implying? But my firlend is so happy with his new Walther's egonomics his Grunig is not seeing much use.

Mark
Andre

Post by Andre »

patriot wrote:My friend thinks the holes will align but it would still take some work. Perhaps that is what Andre is implying? But my firlend is so happy with his new Walther's egonomics his Grunig is not seeing much use.

Mark
I just posted that to show it's been done before, and more importantly it can be done. To whoever owns it, it is the nicest smallbore rifle I've ever seen!

Doubtful the holes line up, but even if they do you still have to mill the stock to fit the bottom of the receiver. Loading port is further back than on Anschutz, no way it will fit stock.
SDHarris

Post by SDHarris »

mtncwru wrote:Instead of a complete new action, you could just replace the barrel in your current action. You could also hold off until the Anschutz 54.30 becomes available, as that has a closer loading port and shorter bolt. You would need an adapter plate to make it work with your stock.

Out of curiosity, where are you located?
I live in a place called Chippenham in England, UK
patriot

Post by patriot »

http://www.edinkillie.co.uk/ecatalog/gr ... -1253.html

http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=30411

Bad news. The Racer barreled action will not fit in my Anschutz 2013 factory benchrest stock. The screw footprint and everything else is the same but the rear of the Racer action is different than the 2013 action. If the Anschutz factory 2013 benchrest stock was routed it would fit but I don't want to wreck a new Anschutz factory 2013 benchrest stock. Anyone have a suggestion that doesn't require building a custom stock or routing my factory benchrest stock?

Thanks,
Marc