USA ISSF World Cup 2016 Selection

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Walther101

USA ISSF World Cup 2016 Selection

Post by Walther101 »

ISSF World Cup
Bangkok, THA
1 Mar - 9 Mar 2016

Does anyone know how the USA is selecting the team for the first 2016 WC in Bangkok?

I thing that WAG 2015 would be used for the Air athletes but what about for SB?

Thanks,
MH
mtncwru

Re: USA ISSF World Cup 2016 Selection

Post by mtncwru »

Typically there is a winter selection match for SB rifle in the first week or two of January. I would not expect a formal announcement until September or October 2015, though.
jhmartin

Re: USA ISSF World Cup 2016 Selection

Post by jhmartin »

It is also very important to (try to) understand the selection processes that USAS uses.
Go to the Policies & Procedures area of the website:
http://www.usashooting.org/11-resources ... procedures
and go to the Team Selections area.

2016 World Cups may have their selections based upon selections of 2015 World Cups and US selections as there is really not enough time to begin a selection process ... only to end the selection process for the Olympic Games.
With the performance of the USA so far, it appears that USA Shooting may indeed again have to to have selection matches to fill (any) OG quota slots that have been gained (OG Trials). If that is the case there will be 2 matches that make up the OG selection process for airgun, and a single match to select the smallbore. (See "Path 2" in the P&P document).

In short the Bangkok WC is an interesting event as it is the very last opportunity to acquire an Olympic MQS for this quad.
I would expect USAS to possibly use this WC to get potential OG shooter(s) their MQS. In that case it is entirely possible that this is a coach/director selection based on a combined view of the 2015 competition season and the "best guess" of the still to be fired OG trials.

=================
To track the quota slots for the 2016 OG that each country has won/gained:
http://www.issf-sports.org/competitions ... _name.ashx