Scatt trace feedback

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Peter_Scant

Re: Scatt trace feedback

Post by Peter_Scant »

Hi Guy,
I appreciate the feedback on the numbers. One of the missing bits of information I have is a benchmark for these values.

However, your response does cause me to question whether the Scatt is set-up and working correctly. Is there a way to validate the Scatt results?

Thanks again.
Peter
timinder

Post by timinder »

Well, I suppose you could put it on a rifle and clamp that securely to a bench to see what the "noise" factor is, but really it's best used as a comparative tool, not a substitute for an electronic target. Do some training with it, establish a baseline for you, your SCATT system and the kit and setup you have, look for areas to improve and then set about it. You'll see if you're making progress or not as the various results you get will get closer to the "ideal". Verify by live firing - that's what it's all about in the end!
KennyB

Post by KennyB »

Peter, I'd say your SCATT is working fine. I also get 10a5 values around 90% and Lengths in the mid 30's with the same F-Coefficient settings and distance as you.

Now, if you could get '10.5' values of 94% that WOULD be spectacular - best I can manage there is around 75-80% for a few strings on a really good day... (around 66% is more usual).

Ken.
gstarik

Post by gstarik »

Every Scatt is different. With the first serial Scatt I got L values of 20 sometimes less. With the USB it was about 35 average,and now with the MX, its about 40 or more. The cofiecient does not affect the L value,but it effects the percentage in 10,10.5...
Peter_Scant

Post by Peter_Scant »

Thanks Ken & Guy for those numbers.