FWB Compressed air rifle question

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

45ACP223

FWB Compressed air rifle question

Post by 45ACP223 »

Can someone tell me what is different about FWB compressed air vs. SSP rifles as far as normal seal replacement? I understand the CA guns have a regulator to lower the air pressure from 3000 to 850, is this a rebuildable part or do you have to replace them, and at what cost? I've re-sealed a few SSP rifles, but have yet to tackle a CA rifle.
45ACP223

Re: FWB Compressed air rifle question

Post by 45ACP223 »

Ok, no responses. Maybe I should just ask this question:

Has anyone had to replace or repair a FWB compressed air rifle regulator?
justadude

Re: FWB Compressed air rifle question

Post by justadude »

Historically, FWB even recommended routine (annual) servicing for their 600/601 etc SSP.

Now, that rifle was just about bullet proof so the reality is that many of them went well more than a year or two between service. The system on the 600 was simple enough so that someone with reasonable bench skills could do it themselves. The two biggest issues would be the valve would get kind of cruddy and the breech seal might wear.

Next the FWB700, was a good solid rifle and very few problems. Due to the pressures involved DIY servicing is not recommended but annual servicing is encouraged. Also, as the same time there are very few regulator problems on FWB.

The FWB800 is a little more finicky, numerous reported problems keeping the absorber properly adjusted. The regulator is still pretty bulletproof. Just had my rifle in for 10,000 pellet service. I can say it works more smoothly than before it was serviced. I would say annual or bi annual servicing is just about a must. Due to the pressures involved, I will leave this to someone with factory training.

'Dude