Stock support for Air Rifle (ISSF rules)

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

hkshooter

Stock support for Air Rifle (ISSF rules)

Post by hkshooter »

Please take a look at the picture.

I understand that the weight that is attached to the butt plate as shown is now illegal according to the latest ISSF rules. I am asking if the flat plate that is attached to the stock is also illegal under the rules?

Thank you.
Attachments
ar1.jpg
ar1.jpg (29.33 KiB) Viewed 778 times
LennyLames

Re: Stock support for Air Rifle (ISSF rules)

Post by LennyLames »

The appropriate section of the rule book appears to be:

7.4.2.6 Weights
a) Barrel weights within a radius of 30 mm from the center of
the barrel are permitted. Barrel weights may be moved along
the barrel;
b) Any other weights must be within the dimensions of the
stock; and
c) Any devices or weights projecting forward or laterally from
the lower part of the butt plate are prohibited.

The weight that is attached to the butt plate is excluded by the c) rule so you are correct on that.

At first glance, the flat plate that is attached to the stock should be allowed, even by the b) rule. If you raise it so that it does not extend beyond the interpolated "dimensions of the stock," is should be valid with imperceptible effect on the balance. However, from the lateral perspective, it still projects sideways to the left, technically beyond the "dimensions of the stock."

I looked at my own rifle, an LG400, and there is a pocket inside the stock, below the overhang of rear part of the cheek piece, about 6 cm long x 1 cm wide x 2 cm deep, where I can insert weights without affecting the "dimensions of the stock."

Note that I am not involved in equipment check. These comments are just based on my interpretation of the rules.
BigAl

Post by BigAl »

My daughter has a weight fitted to the front of the buttplate carrier of her LG400. It has been through EC several times, including British and English Championships, as well as the NSRA Junior International at Bisley. This has included three post competition checks. I know that the person that checked the rifle did the same job at the 2012 Olympics, so I'm pretty sure he knows what he is doing. I have added a picture of the weight.

Alan
Attachments
POTN  _.jpg
Andre

Post by Andre »

The plate on the Feinwerkbau stock is called a Chest Plate, lets the stock rest on your chest for another place of support. Might be disguised as a weight but really it's a chest plate. The stock on my 700 gets to a half inch of my jacket, so unless your an alien with a hollow torso it's adding another place of support, also illegal by ISSF rules. Get some stock weights from 10.9 for your buttplate and cheekpece.

http://www.10pt9.com/Rifle-Accessories/ ... -p436.html