NRA Metric Position Indoor classification

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Ltdave

NRA Metric Position Indoor classification

Post by Ltdave »

my daughter just got the above named classification card in the mail...

never heard of this particular discipline but i guess its real since she got her Marksman card in the mail yesterday...

is this for those 3-P matches fired on the USAS/50 targets?

shes got classifications in 3 disciplines now (prone conventional, metric position and high power)...
dakota308

Re: NRA Metric Position Indoor classification

Post by dakota308 »

Lt Dave,

The junior sectional match your daughter shot at DSC qualifies for a NRA Metric Indoor Classification provided they shoot 120 shots. See attached link.
http://competitions.nra.org/documents/p ... sbr_14.pdf

Corey
Ltdave

Post by Ltdave »

dakota308 wrote:Lt Dave,

The junior sectional match your daughter shot at DSC qualifies for a NRA Metric Indoor Classification provided they shoot 120 shots. See attached link.
http://competitions.nra.org/documents/p ... sbr_14.pdf

Corey

thanks!

id never heard of such a thing...

i thought they shot that on the A-17 at 50ft. how is that metric?
dakota308

Post by dakota308 »

They shoot both. The 4P is on the A-17. The 3P is on the NRA/USA 50 target, which is the international target, hence the metric position.

Corey
Dan P

Post by Dan P »

"Metric Position Indoor" has been around for a while. My current classification dates back to 2000.
However, I pull up my classifications online and saw a new one listed--"INTL POSITION SBR INDOOR" based on a 3-P match I shot on the USA50 target a couple of months ago.
I'm not entirely sure what the difference is, since I thought the NRA was getting out of the business of anything called 'international' and just going with calling anything on ISSF-style target 'metric' or 'precision' (for air rifle). They got rid of the international smallbore rulebook last year.
Hap Rocketto

Post by Hap Rocketto »

Colleagues,

Two years ago the NRA Smallbore Committee dropped the International disciplines to include Smallbore Rifle. The rules were wrapped up into Metric and Air Rifle as closely as possible.

International Smallbore Rifle classifications are no longer issued in NRA competition.

NRA now uses the Metric Classification and Conventional Classification cards for NRA Indoor or outdoor Tournaments.

Best,

Hap