Where can I get lenses for Junker shooting glasses?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

buffalowinter

Where can I get lenses for Junker shooting glasses?

Post by buffalowinter »

I need to get two uncorrected clear lenses for a pair of Swiss Junker shooting glasses. Does anyone know of any optical shop/optometrist that can do this. My local optical shop thought the lenses were bent and wanted to straighten them and couldn't fit lenses to boot!
rapidfireXring

Re: Where can I get lenses for Junker shooting glasses?

Post by rapidfireXring »

There are a few that understand, and a few more that can learn. The lenses are ground for the frames and any COMPETENT optometrist/ophthalmologist can measure and have them ground to fit. There are some within a community of shooters that the shooters go to and that the lens fitting is almost second nature.
I remember when I carried my rifle INTO the optometrist office by his invitation. Fit, measured, and focused on the rifle and its front sight at the office!
Rover

Post by Rover »

Try Copper State Optical
rapidfireXring

Post by rapidfireXring »

Oh, and by the way.....have another shooter measure from your shooting glasses to your front sight. That way the 'doc' can make certain there is a clear focus on the front sight.
In addition to that there is a change in the optical center when the shooter is on the rifle. One way or another the docto will place a majic marker spot on the lense and make certain that the grinding lab is instructed to pay attention to the new optical center.